Kickstart Please Try And Help !

ned1

hi, i snapped my kickstart gear the other week, so i've bought a new kikcstart gear, installed it, although i now cnt seem to get it too spring back. Has anyone got any ideas? i'm really stuck and would massively apreciate any help. also has anyone got a link for those gasgas maintenance videos?

thanks alot

chris

Ned is this a pro or a regular txt?

I have never done this on my pro.

On the regular txt it takes a bit of mussel. Use a vise grip and wrap that spring just about 300 degrees into the hole. You will find that you are probably going to come incontact with the swing arm. Pull out on the spring and force it past. When it is coiled you have to fidigit with the cover to push the spring around the cover casting. Have the gasket off when doing this. You will just end up tearing it if you don't.

I can not find the link to the videos online but i have watched both the txt and the pro and I know they dont cover this. They will say take it to your local dealer.

--Biff

These aren't videos, but should be of some help. Click on the link below. Sounds like either the return spring is not connected, wound up properly, or the shaft is binding due to isufficient endplay.

hi, i snapped my kickstart gear the other week, so i've bought a new kikcstart gear, installed it, although i now cnt seem to get it too spring back. Has anyone got any ideas? i'm really stuck and would massively apreciate any help. also has anyone got a link for those gasgas maintenance videos?

thanks alot

chris

GasGas tech help