Gas Gas Pro Power Switch

piggywiggywoo

...If its a Spanish made switch... you might want to check that the switch works!!!! :thumbup:

I was stunned to find that also on the handlebars lives another 'switch thing' that alters the power delivery dramatically.

It lives under the RHS grip and is directly linked to the carb with a cable. Works a treat it does!.. No need for this electrical tomfoolery/work of the devil stuff! ;)

So the switch changes the carbie Nigel, not the timing? or are we back to the 8000 rev thingy.

No qiute clearly it doesn't and I wasn't saying it was dumbass.

If it is a raga with a kooky ignition and kehin I was suggesting that my view may be completely wrong on THIS model, but that was not what I was refering to or what this thread was about.

Try to keep up and on thread.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I have now had time to evaluate both settings.

My conclusion is NONCONCLUSIVE ,i have not found any noticable difference in the performance.

Having said that , if it makes a differnce only at high revs i am unlikely to know.

I have now fitted a head spacer which i know from past experience calms the bike.

Finally the real solution lies under my throttle hand.if i twist hard full power.

I have a 2006 Raga 300, with Kokusan and Keihin ign.

On the sunny setting, the two wires to the electronic unit are shorted and bring in another ign map with a more agressive advance. I do notice the difference on this bike, it is faster to respond off the idle and carburation feels leaner. It is much more easier to ride on the rain setting (wires not shorted together).

Bye, PeterB.

Well I can't tell any difference between settings on my 07 Raga. If it makes such a difference on other bikes then I'm wondering if the damn things even connected! Also, going off on a bit of a tangent, even with the additional flywheel weight added it still seems "light" on flywheel compared to my old 05 250. Anyone know if this model has a lighter crank than normal or is it just a characteristic of the bigger piston to flywheel ratio?

No qiute clearly it doesn't and I wasn't saying it was dumbass.

Sorry about that, Im probably not the sharpest knife in the draw but it is encouraging to hear that some of the other member riders have the riding skill sense to feel a difference and can use it to the advantage it was obviously designed for.

Sorry about that, Im probably not the sharpest knife in the draw but it is encouraging to hear that some of the other member riders have the riding skill sense to feel a difference and can use it to the advantage it was obviously designed for.

and other members don't, so that proves what exactly?

Obviously its just a "placebo" switch to give the rider the confidence he needs to climb that muddy bank! "Ooo thats really slippy but I'll be OK if I switch it to rain" :thumbup:

(Placebo = a medecine without any active ingredient)