The Death Of A Dear Friend - Common Sense

atomant

You'll be heartened to hear the latest one then - can it really be true that they have banned Santa in Australia from saying Ho Ho Ho this year - because it is offensive to women......... Apparantly, all would be Santas are being trained to say Ha Ha Ha. For god's sake what is going on. Why don't the people who dream this crap up recieve a f*****g good kicking instead of an endorsement to make their proposal happen. And why don't the people who have these rules imposed upon them just turn around and say f**k off, we're not doing it. The time is coming when this has to happen - surely - please - it just has to.

The reason for this nonsense is because Ho is short for whore and this may offend the women

:D:wacko::wall::thumbup::wall:

Think thats bad, on a local level near my home town there is an Aboriginal mission village ( Australian aboriginals are mostly b l a c k ) that is adjacant to a creek that has been sign posted as Black creek up until a couple of years ago. There is now after a period of no signs, a new creek name, Plumbago creek. Nothing was said about the change, they just did it, got to keep the natives happy !

To me it seems that:-

Most of this PC guff is in place not to ensure that someone isn't offended...

...but to ensure the (so-called)offended person /parties can not easily bring about a law-suit claiming that their 'rights' have been infringed.

We signed up to The European Human Rights Act at the expense of 100's of years of common sense.

This Act is becoming a virus which has filtered down to our daily lives..be careful of the way you speak,way you act,what you say and what you do.

I hear that Peter Jackson (the director) is remaking the Dambusters film and one of his biggest dilemmas is whether to use the name of Guy Gibsons dog, it is integral to the film as the name is used as a radio code-word for the successful breach of one of the dams.

The name???.......well...err....it could mean ..black??.....and relates to Nigeria??

Political correctness strikes again :thumbup:

I heard Snoop Dog and Denzil Washington had been approached by Peter Jackson to play Wing Commander Gibson in order to smooth the waters re the PC hot potato, Snoop declined as he was not allowed to Pimp his Lancaster and preferred to hang with his Hos and Denzil (Training Day, The Negotiater) was already contracted to play Douglas Bader in the remake of Reach for the Sky. Heather Mills McCartney is working in an advisory role.

Freedom of information act / Data Protection act. Have recent experience of being denied information under the Data Protection Act that was released when it was requested inder the Freedom of Information act.

As our colonial friends* would say - "Go figure"

*No offence. :thumbup:

I thought they had leveled them to make them wheelchair accessible

I asked my local MP if he thought this country was on a slippery slope? After consulting with his spin doctor he said "No it's a ramp for the disabled"

I think that's what you're getting confused with. :(