Montesa Front Brake Springs ?

grip

I need a pair of front brake springs for my sons bike, it's a DMW which has a 1970's ? Montesa front hub fitted.

the springs are shot, and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

They have a loop at each end which slides into the shoe, and is then retained by a split pin arrangement

Any one got some ? or any ideas ????

HELP !!!

I need a pair of front brake springs for my sons bike, it's a DMW which has a 1970's ? Montesa front hub fitted.

the springs are shot, and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

They have a loop at each end which slides into the shoe, and is then retained by a split pin arrangement

Any one got some ? or any ideas ????

HELP !!!

Yes I remember having to go searching for those springs for one of my Cota 348s but it was so long ago I can't remember the details of what I tried but did end up finding enough of those strange montesa springs on another bike.

I seem to remember that TY175 shoes are the right diameter and will fit the 1970s Cota trials front brake backing plate but can't remember if the TY175 brake springs have clearance to the outside of the bearing housing.

If you don't get enough useful info on this from someone else, I will do a test fitup of Ty175 shoes (in a Cota 348 hub) to see how it goes.

David