Some Different Valve Designs.

biffsgasgas

The technology bubble floats all through the various companies. As I remember, around 1963, GM built a special 377ci smallblock, specially for factory supported Corvette racing, and the first of the aluminum blocks. As they didn't have the precise molding techniques for aluminum, they turned to Mercury Marine Products (outboards, I think the Stillwater plant in Oklahoma) to develop the proceedures as they had the right tools and technology.

Jon

Mercury was the same place that built the ZR-1 engine (the ZR-1 from the late 80-early 90s). I don't remember the part about the other engine, but that sounds about right.

Can't you get a fuel injected 289 or 302 into that Miata?

Last year here at work a buddy and i put a bored and stroked 302 (up to 333) in a 95 miata.

It had a 97 tbird rear with a torsen diff from a ranger fx2. I built a t5 for it.

We used a gt intake from a 2000 explorer 5.0 (we had to bump the hood to make it clear) and square block heads from roush across the street.

We machined the hubs to keep oem wheels and tires on it and put dual mufflers on each bank. All you could hear was intake vacuum and altenator whine at idle.

At 70 mph in 4th we almost lost it into a bridge. Insane!

We have a ranger in our garage here with a gt40 drysump right now that puts the miata to shame. That will never see the showrooms.

It a perk of the job to do crazy stuff like that.

I also autocross on rare occasions and drove an scca ITA car in college so I am trying to keep the miata sorta stock for spec miata some day. Trials is the first and foremost love so who knows if that will ever happen. Trials is also more along the lines of my budget.

--Biff

Last year here at work a buddy and i put a bored and stroked 302 (up to 333) in a 95 miata.

It had a 97 tbird rear with a torsen diff from a ranger fx2. I built a t5 for it.

We used a gt intake from a 2000 explorer 5.0 (we had to bump the hood to make it clear) and square block heads from roush across the street.

We machined the hubs to keep oem wheels and tires on it and put dual mufflers on each bank. All you could hear was intake vacuum and altenator whine at idle.

At 70 mph in 4th we almost lost it into a bridge. Insane!

We have a ranger in our garage here with a gt40 drysump right now that puts the miata to shame. That will never see the showrooms.

It a perk of the job to do crazy stuff like that.

I also autocross on rare occasions and drove an scca ITA car in college so I am trying to keep the miata sorta stock for spec miata some day. Trials is the first and foremost love so who knows if that will ever happen. Trials is also more along the lines of my budget.

--Biff

You see, Biff and I have a lot in common!

The first half of my life was spent on fast motorcycles, fast cars, and fast women--- the rest I wasted!

Nowadays, the boost guage in the in the Dodge Cummins powered 325 horse 600 ft/lb turbo diesel trials transporter is used as a fuel economy guage! :shutup: