Enduro X 2008

amiller

Anyone see that Trials bikes will be moved to a different class next season? Our boys will no longer be given the chance to compete against the best in the business unless they ride Moto X bikes.

Along the same path Moto X bikes will not be able to run Trials treads any longer.

I just lost all interest I had with this upcoming sport.

Aaron

This was coming since the first round in Denver. Yes, it really puts a dent in the sport. The whole underdog thing really excited me enough to get involved in the first place. Not to worry, I'll run the trials class and we'll get a big-boy bike for Phil.

It only puts a small dent in it... Gives us all a chance to show the "go fasters" how much the trials guys (and bikes) can really do. Kinda cool to think that what was thought of as a disadvantage is now an advantage. Then when we put trials guys on off road bikes and beat em, they will all take notice. (ie: taddy) Let's keep mixing it up and show em how it's done!

For whatever it's worth, our local series is still a "run what ya brung" format. I attached a couple of new pics from the 2007 event.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Enduro x, not Trials X, big MX and Enduro names draw a big following of fans to watch the event, along comes an unknown on a funny looking bike and makes some of those big names look silly in front of their fans, I can see why they don't want trials bikes in the events.

The big names won't show if they are going to be beat by unknowns on trials bikes, the majority of fans go to watch the big names.

A trials bike doesn't make a lot of noise and the rider looks to be doing very little, but they can handle the technical parts of the course a lot better, it's no surprise the big bike manufacturers don't want them on the course.

Not being able to use trials tires! I think if the tire is available to all they should be allowed, the trials tire does a lot less damage to the trails, less impact and visible damage can only help our cause.

The U.S. forestry service in Oregon requested we used a specific trail as part of a trials course for the simple reason a enduro event the prior week had ripped the trail up the trials bikes and tires tend to smooth them out again.

Enduro x, not Trials X, big MX and Enduro names draw a big following of fans to watch the event, along comes an unknown on a funny looking bike and makes some of those big names look silly in front of their fans, I can see why they don't want trials bikes in the events.

The big names won't show if they are going to be beat by unknowns on trials bikes, the majority of fans go to watch the big names.

A trials bike doesn't make a lot of noise and the rider looks to be doing very little, but they can handle the technical parts of the course a lot better, it's no surprise the big bike manufacturers don't want them on the course.

Not being able to use trials tires! I think if the tire is available to all they should be allowed, the trials tire does a lot less damage to the trails, less impact and visible damage can only help our cause.

The U.S. forestry service in Oregon requested we used a specific trail as part of a trials course for the simple reason a enduro event the prior week had ripped the trail up the trials bikes and tires tend to smooth them out again.

You're right about them going to see the big names, maybe this is way to keep both groups showing up to ride and also showing the public more about trials???

Let's here it for low impact riding....another great reason for the masses to notice the trials community. Dirt rider magazine had a great article in a recent issue about how good trials tires are in an off road environment (on off road bikes) It will take time but we are making progress!

What constitutes a "trials bike" such that there is criteria by which you can eliminate it?

In other words, is the Scorpa T-Ride eligible to run with the MX & Enduro bikes? Simply because it has a seat? What about a Scorpa LongRide, or a Montesa fitted with a trail riding seat kit?

Not sure what the basis is for allowing versus eliminating a bike. If all it takes is adding a simple sub-frame and something that resembles a seat, then some fun could be had here!

I have heard from a reliable source( the wildman who finished 2nd at the Last Man Standing) that there was some wording about wheelbase length that may be the biggest criteria and some other details I forgot already . But yeah someone should find out what the bike needs to be and we can then build one from a trials frame perhaps ?? Obvious need is a bike that doesnt get last to the first corner so a major port job and maybe a lighter flywheel is needed . Part of their thinking is to get each type rider to cross over and ride both style bikes problem is the Purse is almost certainly NOT going to be squat for trials only class.

Sounds pretty spot on to me but I found your comments on noise of most interest. Am I right in saying that without the noise, people would turn away from it?

I certainly remember as a nipper watching Scrambles at Ringwood and my ultimate memories are the smell of Castrol R and the thump of the CCM 4 stroke. If the bikes just went round the course with no noise I'm sure it simply wouldn't have the appeal. Make trials bikes louder (for this sport only of course) and maybe they may be ok ?

Isn't this just gorgeous :thumbup: Andrew Smith

Sounds pretty spot on to me but I found your comments on noise of most interest. Am I right in saying that without the noise, people would turn away from it?

I certainly remember as a nipper watching Scrambles at Ringwood and my ultimate memories are the smell of Castrol R and the thump of the CCM 4 stroke. If the bikes just went round the course with no noise I'm sure it simply wouldn't have the appeal. Make trials bikes louder (for this sport only of course) and maybe they may be ok ?

Isn't this just gorgeous B) Andrew Smith

Isn't this just gorgeous :thumbup: Andrew Smith

I go to as many of the Scottish Classic Club scrambles as I can purely for the love of the noise of some of the old scramblers and the smell of the "R", there are still loads of CCM's around and they pop up from time to time on evil bay. Last one I saw went for over

Edited by Slapshot 3