Whats Happened To The Vic?

marky g

Looking forward to following the Vic Brittian round the clee hill this weekend only to find out it not a road event at all now and is being held in Farley Quarry of all places :D

Used to be good to follow the boys around the Clee's......is the future of this trial going to be off road only?

dunno? i have not seen eastenders for ages

:D

Hovis are you laughing at your own (**** poor)joke?

There's a name for un-helpful internet replies like yours.............................Troll, I think?

No one knows nothing?...must be political then :D

Shame if this road trial has gone the way of the Dodo! the Clee hills must be some of the best trials ground in the midlands bar none.

Hovis, made me chuckle not bad for a taffy apple!

Edited by Marky G

The logistical problems with staging the VB on it's traditional single lap course became too much for the 'very' small band of organisers to overcome. It was a simple case of running it off road or not at all.

I could go into the intricate details, but suffice to say that although the new format might not be quite as good as the old one, at least it is going ahead.

If anyone reading this attends/attended then your input will be much appreciated.

Cheers for the reply Scorpa3, I take it then your club is running the event?....good on ya mate for keeping it going at least.

I've rode it several times in the past, if not to ride I always would try to get up to Clee hills to watch the event...bit of a tradition if you will.

Shame you couldn't have used some of the ground up on the hills though, maybe in the future?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Marky G

The logistical problems with staging the VB on it's traditional single lap course became too much for the 'very' small band of organisers to overcome. It was a simple case of running it off road or not at all.

I could go into the intricate details, but suffice to say that although the new format might not be quite as good as the old one, at least it is going ahead.

If anyone reading this attends/attended then your input will be much appreciated.

This is a real shame it happened in our centre and now we haven't got a national at all.

I really think this is where the centre should step in and "suggest " say 3 clubs band together for an event or permanenetly, otherwise clubs ground/land will be lost forever.

Our Club runs the Colmore in March, the Vic Britain is being run by the Bewdley Club with assistance from other clubs in the Midland Centre.

Land problems and too few helpers were the basic issues which caused the change to the new format. Fingers crossed that it works out and the Vic Britain continues in the future.

It's a non championship 'stand alone' event, which is why there is a hard and a very hard route. I for one look forward to seeing how this works out for an event of this nature.

As I said above- any feedback appreciated.

Pete

This is a real shame it happened in our centre and now we haven't got a national at all.

otherwise clubs ground/land will be lost forever.

I think it was the South Birmingham club that used to do the Vic, are they still going? would be a shame to lose that land on the Clees

I rode the Vic fo the first time yesterday, and thought it was a fantastic trial. Obviously if there had been the option for a tradiotional single lap road trial that woud be great, but the 2 laps of 20 sections worked well.

I thought the quarry was an excellent venue, and there was plenty of potential for sections. I rode the B route which was hard (dropped loads of marks, well into the 100s), but some of climbs on the A route were massive. Although the B route was hard for me, there was nothing that I didn't think that I could have a chance of getting through.

All in all I think it was a job well done by the club, ideally a single lap road based event would be better, but as this was not possible I think they did brilliantly.

In the past I have never entered the trial as it has always been a single route Novogar round I think, but with the introduction of a second route I could now ride, and if they run a 2 route format again next year I will definitely be back.