Ossa Bearing Sizes, Gaskets Seals

mattylad

Does anyone have a list of all the bearing sizes or code on an Ossa as I prefer to have them in stock before starting a re-build specifically.

Headstock

Wheels

Main engine

Small end

Needle bearings in gearbox (two different sizes?)

There are also a lot of rubber O rings on things like gearlever and kickstart shaft etc again any sizes.

Finally a source of gasket sets or just the crankcase centre one.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by mattylad

Main bearings are 6205 type C3

Gearbox mainshaft roller bearings are 6205 one end and 6303 the other - or is 6303 a Bult, can't remember, but it is readily available from bearing stockists whatever its size.

Layshaft needle rollers don't know as my engines are earlier model fitted with bushes, not needle rollers, but yes, they are different sizes

Headstock can't recall exactly off the top of my head but 30205 springs to mind. I'd need to check a box for the number but can't do that until weekend probably. Again, not an odd size, normal tapered roller available from bearing stockists

Wheels are 6201 - 3 of them in the back (or 4 if you have the flat sprocket conversion) readily available - same as Bultaco front (conical hubs)

Small end don't know a part number, Sammy Miller has them, but comes with the con-rod kit anyway if you are fitting one.

There are 3 O-rings, two either end of the gearshaft and one on the kickstart shaft. Don't know sizes.

Crank seals, the final drive seal and the seal in the end of the final drive shaft that the pushrod passes through are all available from bearing stockists. You'll have no problem getting any of the bearings or the seals, just take the old ones to a stockist and they will get them for you - there is nothing odd about them and they aren't special sizes.

Bultaco UK have full gasket sets in stock which also include the O-rings I think. I'm guessing he carries the bearings and seals too but I usually get my own from local stockists so don't know. Sammy Miller has them. Head bearings you may have to get yourself.

Basically, with the exception of the layshaft needle rollers, which I've never had to get so don't know what availability is, all other bearings and seals are readily available. Bultaco UK or Sammy Miller.