Turning Rear Tyres

tilertrialler

scorpa3 Posted Today, 01:53 PM

I always turn my rear tyres, that way I can more or less get a year out of one.

HAHAHA I am a cheaper ******* than you are!! :mellow:

I turn mine so I can get 2 yrs out of one rear tire.

1yr one side next yr other side.

my front has been on for 3or4 yrs can't remember which. Still looks good to me.

Andy,

We need a penny pinching smilie. HAHA

Commenting from a position of complete ignorance, it may be more to do with Health & Safety a*** covering by manufacturers in the same way that manufacturers mould 'Not for Highway use' in the sidewalls of competition tyres.

The 'Not For Highway Use' stamp is for countries where the tyre is illegal, the UK is not one of them (i.e it's legal in the UK), I believe they are illegal on the road in the US but don't quote me on that.

The 'Not For Highway Use' stamp is for countries where the tyre is illegal, the UK is not one of them (i.e it's legal in the UK), I believe they are illegal on the road in the US but don't quote me on that.

Never understood that as correct me if I'm wrong but no one ever registers a trials bike for road use in the US anyway???

Nope we don't, but the stamp on the tire keeps someone with a dual-sport from running trials tires on the road.

Also gives the authorities one other thing to use against the guy that runs his off-road bike down the road.

As far as the speed rating and durability for road use: I don't know and it really don't matter much to me personally just know that according to rules here I can't use it on the road.