04 Standings

40 points up for grabs at the last 2 rounds in Switzerland, Fuji is on 250 after this weekend Doug is on 226 and Raga on 222.

A fellow told me without doubt no one was practicing harder or spending more time on the bike than Fuji this season, and if he wasn't on his bike he was down the Gym working on keeping in top shape, looking at the results from the season this looks true to form and the man who wanted it the most went out and earned it.

The last two rounds will come down who will be second, Doug has a four point advantage over Raga, but to hold on to second place needs to beat him at least one of the days Fuji just needs to go quietly round and finish safely to be champion so the finale battle will come down to 2nd and 3rd, and again who wants it most.

Yeah that would be an interesting scenario, i have heard it said that all Montesa/Honda riders will be 4 stroke mounted next year but i'm not so sure myself. Although it would be a bad public relations exercise if one of their top riders rode a discontinued model!