Ty250 Twinshock Kickstart Lever Re-visited

mollygreen

This was a piece I wrote last November as part of a forum entitled "Majesty Kickstart Lever".

At the time I had no idea how to attach photo's. But I do now, so hear we go!

I have just finished modifying and fitting a DT125 kickstart lever to fit my original TY250 kickstart lever boss and it looks very good, though I say it myself.

The DT125 lever is only about 5" long and so gives a good couple of inches plus clearance under the exhaust when closed and looks a lot less bulky than the original.

I had to ream out the kickstart lever and turn down the diameter of the boss spigot to get them to fit. I also cut the spigot down, drilled and tapped it to hold the lever on the spigot with a bolt and washer. This I feel is far better than the original washer and circlip.

And all this for less than

Edited by mollygreen

Guest majestyman340
This was a piece I wrote last November as part of a forum entitled "Majesty Kickstart Lever".

At the time I had no idea how to attach photo's. But I do now, so hear we go!

I have just finished modifying and fitting a DT125 kickstart lever to fit my original TY250 kickstart lever boss and it looks very good, though I say it myself.

The DT125 lever is only about 5" long and so gives a good couple of inches plus clearance under the exhaust when closed and looks a lot less bulky than the original.

I had to ream out the kickstart lever and turn down the diameter of the boss spigot to get them to fit. I also cut the spigot down, drilled and tapped it to hold the lever on the spigot with a bolt and washer. This I feel is far better than the original washer and circlip.

And all this for less than

Woody: Thanks. The front pipe is a Sammy Miller (complete with ground out sh*tty mis-match, as mentioned elswhere).

Majestyman 340: The carb is the orignal, not new, just clean is suppose.

Feetupfun: The kickstart lever was new and bought through Ebay, from Yambits. It is not a genuine Yamaha (cheap Chinese copy probably at

Edited by mollygreen