Mckenzie Trophy Trial

ianj

Did anyone think they were at the circus? Wasn't impressed. Nothing like abba blaring out at you when your trying to concentrate in the sections. Needs a change of venue for next year, too over used. Thats my winge!

Did anyone think they were at the circus? Wasn't impressed. Nothing like abba blaring out at you when your trying to concentrate in the sections. Needs a change of venue for next year, too over used. Thats my winge!

Kinell tried to phone me through results. I couldn't hear a word he was saying, but heard the Slade song perfectly!

Who's idea was it to have the music? :wacko: daft buggers

I like Addingham as it's easy for the spectators to see it all but have got to agree that a change of venue would be good for next year. Enjoyed the day though :D

Kinell tried to phone me through results. I couldn't hear a word he was saying, but heard the Slade song perfectly!

Abba, Slade: heaven :wacko: .

Who's idea was it to have the music? :D daft buggers

Got to admit as I was driving to the All Wales Team Trial the thought crossed my mind, wouldn't it be good to have a couple of gallery sections - bit bigger than the rest maybe with music blaring.

Abba wouldn't have been my choice but heh-ho.

Doesn't fit Yorkshire though maybe, too down to earth for toes tapping in the wellies?

What about you Kinell? - Maybe Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere, or Sister Sledge - Lost in Music.

:wacko:

Who's idea was it to have the music?  daft buggers

Daft buggers or just someone with a bit of foresight to try and bring Trials into the 21st century and add appeal to the casual spectator?

I've not seen it done before and from what I heard over the phone it was WAY too loud, but it's a nice concept. If you don't try new ideas then how can the sport ever evolve? If the sport is ever going to evolve and grow then we MUST move away from the concept of "Yorkshire lads in flat caps criticising t'layout of t'sections".

It's strange for the riders because it's new and I say good on Y&G for trying something new. I've been in the heart of Sheffield Arena taking photos during a World Indoor Round and the noise is deafening. You literally cannot hear yourself think. It's one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced. Does it bother them? Does it affect their focus? No. Not one iota.

I can see where folk are coming from, but personally I think it's time to move with the times and do whatever we can to make the sport more attractive to the masses. If that means creating a party atmopsphere that people want to be part of then so be it.

Daft buggers or just someone with a bit of foresight to try and bring Trials into the 21st century and add appeal to the casual spectator?

I've not seen it done before and from what I heard over the phone it was WAY too loud, but it's a nice concept. If you don't try new ideas then how can the sport ever evolve? If the sport is ever going to evolve and grow then we MUST move away from the concept of "Yorkshire lads in flat caps criticising t'layout of t'sections".

It's strange for the riders because it's new and I say good on Y&G for trying something new. I've been in the heart of Sheffield Arena taking photos during a World Indoor Round and the noise is deafening. You literally cannot hear yourself think. It's one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced. Does it bother them? Does it affect their focus? No. Not one iota.

I can see where folk are coming from, but personally I think it's time to move with the times and do whatever we can to make the sport more attractive to the masses. If that means creating a party atmopsphere that people want to be part of then so be it.

The music at Addingham was far, far from being too loud in my opinion. I think some people might be confusing "too loud" with "could be heard at other side of field". This might have given some folks the impression that if it can be heard clear as day at t'other side of park then it must be blaring closer in. I moved around quite a bit and it was fine by me (although, may I re-direct you all AWAY from the fact I'm soundman for a 14-piece band with a 10k PA rig!)...... :wacko:

I thought it added and extra dimension to the occasion............

Ian.

Edited by IanJ