Knee Brace

rob140

Here's my initial checks for a client with Arthritis pain

Causes:

1. When the body is out of alignment, there is wear and tear on the joints. This is exacerbated with improper exercise and movements within daily life.

My right leg is 3/4" shorter than the left due to a shattered femur so there is definitely an alignment problem.

3. Get a stool test down by your local Functional Medicine practitioner in order to see if you have any parasites that could be creating your Rheumatoid Arthritis. I use Biohealth diagnostics in San Diego.

You want me to send my $hit to San Diego? They've already got Ishy in Oregon! :thumbup:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My right leg is 3/4" shorter than the left due to a shattered femur so there is definitely an alignment problem.

Did anyone ever measure your pelvis alignment. I won't bore you with the details (i get enough chance at hospital for that), but of all the patients I've seen over the years i've only had one with an actual anatomical leg length difference. Most, even the ones with shattered femurs have been mainly due to an issue with alignment of the pelvis. A lot had a tight over active Psoas or on other occasions a combination of over active rec femoris/piriformis causing the pelvis to shift.

Its worth just marking the bony landmarks of your pelvis with a pen and then having someone check their level by placing a finger on each and visually assessing any difference.

My experience of knees (my own included) is that they're a slave joint and a lot of issues can be from them performing roles that they shouldn't be doing. I spent 10 years on and off crutches having physio before i found an abdominal dysfunction which meant my leg was effectively stabilizing where my inner unit (core) should have been.

A lot had a tight over active Psoas or on other occasions a combination of over active rec femoris/piriformis causing the pelvis to shift.

That's not a good thing is it? :thumbup:

My pelvis is well out, no need for felt tip pens or tape measures to work that out. Two solutions were offered to me, wear a built up spaz shoe (I know, not exactly a PC comment) or have an operation where they break the femur and insert coral into the 3/4" gap.

At 42, I don't think I'll ever bother with the leg extension and it's probably too late to start wearing a built up shoe 19 years after the accident...

How much is a new knee these days anyway?

That's not a good thing is it? :thumbup:

My pelvis is well out, no need for felt tip pens or tape measures to work that out. Two solutions were offered to me, wear a built up spaz shoe (I know, not exactly a PC comment) or have an operation where they break the femur and insert coral into the 3/4" gap.

At 42, I don't think I'll ever bother with the leg extension and it's probably too late to start wearing a built up shoe 19 years after the accident...

Sounds like you're all worn out, you'll be having to employ a toyboy to keep Mrs K happy next.

Pretty pricey in the long run, i have a 75 year old client whose on had 3 one side and 2 the other. I have no idea how good i can ever get him as the new knees were put in without releasing the muscles etc. So we just aim to maintain his mobility and stop further wear and tear, the guy is an absolute legend and does everything i suggest and from walking in originally with a zimmer frame he's now able to walk his dog and even rides a bike and has played football with his young grandson.

If you put the work in i think you'd do a pretty good job of taking yourself back to a place where you were pretty much pain free. I started looking at knees even more when Wiggy suffered his knee injury recently as i hate seeing young sports stars getting injured and operated on.

Here's a pretty good article by Matt a colleague of mine which pretty much sums it up

Knee pain