New Wrx Sti

ham2

It doesn't look 'right', doesn't sound 'right' so it probably isn't right. Right?

Just looks like every other hatch, Mazda 323, Seat etc etc. Subarus effort to try and take on the mighty sales of the Golf is what a Subaru dealer told me. Once the rally version comes out I am sure they will tweak it to look better and those looks may get incorporated into the 09 version.

I am sure it is fun to drive but it has lost its soul and its iconic looks and sound.

May be a grower though?

In closing, how to be a car designer; Take a wax model of last years car, place it close to a roaring open fire until it starts to melt a bit. Remove from heat source. Hey presto, what next years model will look like.

Edited by jezza

I've hated the look of the car since the very first press photos came out. I saw the programme last night and would agree with the general feeling in the Subaru community that it was a bit of a crap test. Contrary to popular belief we don't throw our cars round all day every day in an attempt to gain some sideways action on a roundabout :wacko: It would have been far better if they'd put it up against, for example, the old STi.

on fifth gear on saturday a standard mk5 2wd golf gti whooped one round the track as well.......

poor effort subaru!!!

As it would if Tiff was in the Golf and Butler-Henderson was in the Scoob...

Thought vicky was a pretty good driver? Think she has raced a fair bit.

I have Trialed quite a bit so am I a good rider!!!!.........................3/4 of the entry are better!!!! :wacko:

They have killed a good formula in my eyes. It looks S**t . Even my local dealer that I have bought 2 Impezas from , who has been around for years , has changed from being a Scooby dealer to wait for it............. A Suzuki dealer..... So what does that say about the new Subaru !!!!!!

I bought my wife an Impreza a few years ago and she loves it. The car is beautiful and fun to drive and it's not even the wrx or sti version. I had been planning on buying her another for our aniversary but they are so damn ugly now. Oh well. Chances are my money will go elsewhere.

Let's get a few thing straight on the Fifth Gear tests, The VBH test was between a Golf GTI with about 200PS and a WRX with 230PS. The Golf won because of it's lighter weight. The Tiff Needel test was of the 300PS WRX STI, Hence a slightly different animal. I'd always be careful with TV Tests. It's always a "bullet point" exercise and Tiff isn't the best driver this type of car. As for the styling all we've done is swap an Ugly saloon for an ugly hatchback. Doesn't stop the BMW 1 Series selling well.