Anodised Or Powder Coated Rims

benbeta23

hi there i am having my rims done red on my gas gas this week and i want them to be the same as on wiggy's old gas gas racing does anyone know if the rims on his bike are anodized or powder coated, i got in touch with gas gas uk and they said that they only did powder coated rims (well they send them somewhere else to be powder coated) (which i presumed wiggy's bike was done at)

IMG_3694.jpg

Edited by GasGasben

Alexz's wheels are painted red and I definitely DONT recommend that as I now own that bike and the paint comes off if you look at it the wrong way :wacko: .

Dont get me wrong it is a great job on the wheels but if you go anywhere near rocks it is not anywhere near as tough as powder coating or anodizing. I have paint coming off front and rear and not just in the usual place - on the edge of the rims.

Alexz wanted the same red as the frame and dont think he could get the ideal match with powder coating or anodizing.If you do want them that same red I would recommend leaving the edges of the rims polished.

Anyway, the company that did the frame/wheels is Normandale in Daventry - http://www.normandaleproducts.com/

Give them a call.

Guest majestyman340

Any contact details for this company? Need to have some rims anodised in yellow, and been told its impossible to match the colour perfectly.

i took the bike in yesterday and they reccomended leaving the edge of the rim polished (because they wouldn't get scrathed) i was going to have them polished on the edge, & right at the last minute i changed my mind to have them all red,(because they would look better) so they are being done all red (the same colour as the frame) & they are being powder coated, because they said if they did them anodised they would come out to be more of a pink, so there just going to match the colour of the frame, so i'm happy i've decided to have them all red

Alexz's wheels are painted red and I definitely DONT recommend that as I now own that bike and the paint comes off if you look at it the wrong way ;) .

Dont get me wrong it is a great job on the wheels but if you go anywhere near rocks it is not anywhere near as tough as powder coating or anodizing. I have paint coming off front and rear and not just in the usual place - on the edge of the rims.

Alexz wanted the same red as the frame and dont think he could get the ideal match with powder coating or anodizing.If you do want them that same red I would recommend leaving the edges of the rims polished.

Anyway, the company that did the frame/wheels is Normandale in Daventry - http://www.normandaleproducts.com/

Give them a call.

i thought that alexz's bike was a racing gas gas, which comes with a red frame as standard, so he didn't need to get the frame painted

i thought that alexz's bike was a racing gas gas, which comes with a red frame as standard, so he didn't need to get the frame painted

No it's a 2007 Raga Rep - so had black frame.

He had it painted for Sheffield Indoor as it was his last event on Gas Gas and he wanted to make bike look different and special.

He also used it in the Southern Experts