Week 61 - Picking World Round Winners

Andy

I don't think you were too far away with the world series. Dougie tied for the lead after the first round must of surprised a few. :D At Junior level, Alexz to be fair done the business under all that pressure and fair play to him. I thought the dark horse would be Alfredo Gomez and it appeared he was Alexz's closest challenger. He is still a big threat though. It was interesting to see that the finishing sequence of British riders has been virtually maintained from the British youth rounds 3 years ago. I expect Ross to get better this year and see him finishing higher up the leader board ;)

In the youth, Jack had a great result finishing above Pat (just pipping him as Pat got 3 time penalties which would have seen him win outright on most cleans). However, on big dry rocks, I expect Pat to dominate. Time will tell. :D

Either way, this year looks to be as exciting as is gets.. :P

I think Rap's is going senile. To discredit Pat's effort in the TdN is totally out of whack. We had the best finish ever. And the kid was on a 125.

What is Rap smoking? I want some.

I think Pat's results last year when he rode youth speaks for itself. He has the talent there is no doubt. Not sure why rappers gave the view he did but he is entitled to his opinion and time may prove him to be right. Although I doubt it.

IMHO ;)

I think Rap's is going senile. To discredit Pat's effort in the TdN is totally out of whack. We had the best finish ever. And the kid was on a 125.

What is Rap smoking? I want some.

Why should you give credit to patrick that has'nt won World title's,credit before it's due will make a rider lazy?

Edited by bilc0

I don't think you were too far away with the world series. Dougie tied for the lead after the first round must of surprised a few. :D At Junior level, Alexz to be fair done the business under all that pressure and fair play to him. I thought the dark horse would be Alfredo Gomez and it appeared he was Alexz's closest challenger. He is still a big threat though. It was interesting to see that the finishing sequence of British riders has been virtually maintained from the British youth rounds 3 years ago. I expect Ross to get better this year and see him finishing higher up the leader board ;)

In the youth, Jack had a great result finishing above Pat (just pipping him as Pat got 3 time penalties which would have seen him win outright on most cleans). However, on big dry rocks, I expect Pat to dominate. Time will tell. :D

Either way, this year looks to be as exciting as is gets.. :P

Pressure on Alexz, what pressure?

Off the pace Mike???? Wiggy did a good job, riding now better than scores show actually, but tell us what you think after Bangor.

Gomez wasn't doing too well on the first lap, Loris looked much much better and was closer (his knee seems 100%) the scores DO NOT tell the whole story.

As an aside before anyone gets carried away about Smage he is only 8 months younger than Wiggy. Time penalties are part and parcel of riding Euro and world rounds and have always counted against your score, it is somewhat spurious especially if not at an event to suggest that a section scores give any rider a better position than he actually achieves. It was a close result period.

Pressure on Alexz, what pressure?

Geez.. here we go again ! ;)

Quote from front page result Although nervous about his first World championship event since switching to the four-stroke Montesa, four cleans in the opening four sections clearly settled any fears Wigg had.

When you ride for yourself its one thing, but when a team is funding you, then there is pressure to do well. To suggest anything different is naive in the least . (although I have come to expect that from you anyway so nothing new there.) :D

The main thing is that Alexz done very well and I for one applaud him for it. :P

Please remember, I had to write my column 24 hours BEFORE the trial took place, which I explained, therefore did not have the benefit of hindsight that everyone else has enjoyed.

I could have taken the easy route and not written about the world trial at all, but those that know me, also know that I'm more than happy to put my head above the parapet. Inevitably, everything that's written is my opinion, how I see it. I don't say it's right, or indeed wrong, simply how I see it at the time I write it.

Nothing to do with my column, but damned glad I didn't enter the Jack Wood!!!!!!

... you two been out for a practice in that sidecar yet....

Nah too busy fighting about who gets in the chair........

Anyhooo, well done to all the Brits this weekend, I'll put the word in for Jack Challenor, that's a great first result for the kid, he'll be winning rounds before long hopefully next weekend in Bangor. How's about a clean sweep there, now that would be good

What happened at the Jack Wood? I see that fanny PERCE was excluded on time!

Need to sort a new Timex out for May fat lad :D

you can **** off fat boy, it'd a bloody killed you, you'd a had heart failure up the Kwai.

Bridge over the River Kwai, more like a Bridge too far, bloody good trial nearly but almost, just a tad ott for most though. What I can never work out in the jack Wood is where the hell do the first 20 or so riders bugger off to? By the time I got to section 15 there was only a dozen in front of me.

I'd have gone round in time if I hadn't had to wait 25 minutes for somebody to find me some petrol, thanks who ever you were.

Don't bite me head off AA but wasn't the trial a touch wet at times and Ross is the man in these conditions, sorry mate. Alexz was under a lot of pressure, so ND, Alexz rode a winner and this is what counts!!!

Pressure for Ross and Sam is now on a better resultat Bangor with a 1,2,3 would be tops, speculation anyone?

Speculation:

Who's going to be World Champion after Bou in say 2-3years time?

Can Browny beat Frexia this year?

Will Dabill break into the top 5?

Edited by spud

Don't bite me head off AA but wasn't the trial a touch wet at times and Ross is the man in these conditions, sorry mate. Alexz was under a lot of pressure, so ND, Alexz rode a winner and this is what counts!!!

Pressure for Ross and Sam is now on a better resultat Bangor with a 1,2,3 would be tops, speculation anyone?

Speculation:

Who's going to be World Champion after Bou in say 2-3years time?

Can Browny beat Frexia this year?

Will Dabill break into the top 5?

Alexz did ride very well, pressure or no pressure lets hope the brits blitz the juniors, I reckon maybe 8 riders have a win in them, four brits for sure.

Bou could be champ for 6 years?

Browny could beat freixa this year no probs, he will fade and Michael will get better each round I bet.

Dibs has to come good soon, he is riding very well. I expect a top result this Sunday!!!