Lipse Clutch Spring Or Other Ideas?

biffsgasgas

Another update!

Riding this weekend was awesome! My clutch hand absolutely loved the 06 spring. 6 people offered to buy the lipse spring off of me but it has intentions on an 03 280 for now. Mr Jack will be getting calls from Michigan riders as I brought the stock spring and the modified to the event and we had over 105 and 100 riders for the first and second day... My clutch hand never gave out and the bike hooked up even in 6th down the trail. I will get some clutch pull numbers when i measure them all. I have some already.

--Biff

• 1 month later...

Hey there, really interested in the results of the 06 spring in your bike, it sounds exactly what i need for mine.

Shortly after reading your comments i contacted my local gas gas dealer and asked about putting an 06 spring in my 05 250 pro and he suggested that it wouldnt work without replacing the clutch basket too!, is this correct or is he talking out of his behind?.

are you still getting good performance out of it with no slipping?

did you replace anything other than the spring?

any reply greatly appreciated as my clutch hand is exhausted!!!

The 06 (aprox 20% lighter spring than 05) or LiPSE (aprox 20% lighter than 06) clutch springs are a direct replacement. No need to change the basket or anything else for that matter. The LiPSE works great on 250's as the 06 spring is still strong enough for a 300. (overkill on a 250/280)

iam a bit dissapointed as i e mailed jacks cycles but never had a reply. now i need to know if an 06 spring ( from which bike )will fit an 04 280 pro as i struggle with small hands to operate the clutch

Sorry to hear you didnt get a response. Jacks was having a problem with there email via the web hosting inquiry on the web page - its now been removed to prevent such occurances. If you email him at: Jack@Jackscycles.com and copy me at TreborHeminway@Yahoo.com, I will make sure it gets through and you get a immediate reply. He is making another batch of LiPSE Springs right now as they have been gaining popularity. They work well on anything under a 300. I dont think he has any problem shipping to the UK either.

My own update: Given all the softer spring tolk - I went ahead and removed two springs from my 280 edition (std wound springs) clutch. Works great. Wish I would have done it 5 years ago.

Thaks for that information laser1, I'm going to order an 06 spring today........cant wait

Just so your dealer knows, the parts manual for the 06' lists the spring under part #MT280232015, which is the same part number for, say, the 03' engine clutch spring. The 07' part # for the spring is MT280632015, which should be the lighter spring.

Jon

Steam - I saw a reply from my dad regarding your latest email on the LiPSE spring. Hope this helps.

FYI: He wanted to reminded everyone that is working on there pro Clutch to be certain to lay the bike over on its side to ensure the actuation fingers dont pop out durring reassembly.

About a month of ride time twice a week and my 06 spring is still working great! I went back to dextron because the type f made it slip just a hair when cold and was getting worse. Now I have no slip again with merc and two weeks of riding. The clutch basket is the same. Order the 06 spring and go to town. We just put the lipse in an 03 280 pro. No problems to communicate.

--Biff

Just so your dealer knows, the parts manual for the 06' lists the spring under part #MT280232015, which is the same part number for, say, the 03' engine clutch spring. The 07' part # for the spring is MT280632015, which should be the lighter spring.

Jon

are you saying that if i asked for the 06 spring i may get the wrong one (a heavy one) ?

Edited by TJP