To Use On Road?

skiboy

Hi - Just going through the process myself with my Montesa - to start bike has to have everything working ... no play in bearings, linkages, all suspension, straight wheels, non rusty tight spokes, proper silencer - no leaks etc etc - basically all the normal stuff to make it ride safe. Can be MOT'd on frame number - you do not need - lights of any description ( if you only want a day light MOT - much more envolved if you want a full MOT - not even a brake light ) or speedo - you need a horn - constant tone - not a sqeezy bulb type.

Once MOT'd you will need a letter from the importer ( or a main dealer ) confirming the age of the bike to register it at your local vehicle taxing centre with a form v55/5 - pay a one of reg fee

• 4 months later...

I'd like to use my 2002 Scorpa Sy250 on public roads in Germany (I brought it with me when I moved over from the US) . So It seems that I need all that paperwork that states all the technical data of that bike (roughly 100pages) and I don't know what else... Seems to be a real p.i.t.a. :thumbup:

Has anyone any experience with this stuff?

Thanks!!!