Gobsmacked

slapshot 3

Errrrmmmm jokers by any chance?

The reserves not met neither.

im going to be keeping an eye on this to see which lucky bidder can afford that.

Not likely Jamie, this one will be legit, these are very sought after babies these CCMs , I remember when they first came out, amazing sound. Keep an eye, this guy want a bucket load for this one.

Errrrmmmm jokers by any chance?

The reserves not met neither.

im going to be keeping an eye on this to see which lucky bidder can afford that.

It sure looks nice, but for that sort of money i'd be expecting the distinctive correct darker gold rims,correct exhaust etc. And the tyres,Funny Michelin X1's??

Dave Thorpe and Nick Jefferies i believe were 'works' riders. (maybe BJ knows more) I can still remember Thorpey's words 27 years on,when i asked what it was like...

It sure looks nice, but for that sort of money i'd be expecting the distinctive correct darker gold rims,correct exhaust etc. And the tyres,Funny Michelin X1's??

Dave Thorpe and Nick Jefferies i believe were 'works' riders. (maybe BJ knows more) I can still remember Thorpey's words 27 years on,when i asked what it was like...

Absolutely spot on Trickymicky, Thorpy and Nick Jefferies (now there is a really knowledgeable guy) did ride them for Alan Clews's CCM concern back in the later 1970's. Thorpey had Dick Clayton virtually follow him round the SSDT (on the road, I would imagine) with another CCM with parts shoved up his riding jersey! I wonder why?

I asked Mick Grant last year sometime if I should buy one and he said quite categorically to keep my money in the bank account!

They were a bit special and to answer Majestyman340, yes I had ridden two in my past, one belonging to Mel Ross Snr from Forfar and the other a guy called Dougie Watson from Airdrie. Both had them brand new and I doubt if either of these chaps kept them longer than about 9 months before moving them on. I have to admit, I liked the CCM, but I have to admit it would not have been a match for my then new 325 Bultaco mod.199.

In saying that from a rarety value, yes I would have one, but not at such steep prices, I don't reckon (IMHO) they are worth paying much more than 3K GBP in any condition. But as I say that's my opinion, I know they are all now going for double that amount.

Big John

saw one at the exmoor trial at easter. sounded nice. looked like a jcb on a formula 1 circuit. The guy probably lost fewer marks than me though....well fantics arnt that competitive in the twinshock class are they........LOL