The Future

wetfeet

We have I guy in our club that is riding an electric trials bike.

He has the weight very close to the stock montesa weight. he is doing pretty good on it. Battery cost seems to be very expensive. He is thinking big battery for the loop and then disconnect and use small battery in sections. The thing is odd, when checking for him, it is impossible to give him a 5 for a stalled motor. All you hear is chain noise. I think he should get a goverment grant for developing this futuristic trials bike.

Sounds good Hop Sing ! have any pictures ? I think the nicest thing about electric will be the smoothness of power. Use a good regulator for the power and you can choose to have 125,250 or 300 power just chancing the electronics. Lipocells are very light and carry lots of power nowdays but are expensive now, but in a few years sure !

Sorry I don't have pictures. He does not have any type of clutch, this makes riding it a little tricky. He rides it on our Sat. Vintage/beginner day and then rides a regular modern bike on Sunday. So the cross-over is tricky. Battery cost is crazy. I think he told me that the battery set he has cost 4800 dollars. That is two, one for the first loop, finish, take off put on charger. put second battery on, do second loop, remove second battery and third loop its back to the first battery. but he also has a smaller battery that is for the sections. The bike is about a 2000 montesa. He just removed motor, gas tank. cooling system. ect and it does not look that weird as he has everything tucked it nicely