1970s Photographs

gii

Greeves, think you better come over to the Bill Pye,sun inn Trial in August,that's another 3 day's of pre65/twinshock classic trialing.

Ive heard through the grapevine that there's a bunch of spanish pilot's coming over for the Trial,i have no idea who they are though i expect you would know.

big john you are a mind full of information about all things Scottish six days you should put it all down in print? and if you already have where can i buy a copy??

No wetfeet. I was asked to write a book on the SSDT, but I politely declined as I felt it had been done before, however I did write a book on Scottish motorcycle sport (1945-1975) back in 2005 called "Scotland's Rich Mixture", I think there are a few copies still available from The Magazine Man. We did 1000 copies only, once they are gone that's it!

http://www.themagazineman.co.uk

Look under the nostalgic publications section, also there are copies of Ed Stott's book on the SSDT called "Lochaber Rich Mixture"

Big John

Edited by Big John

Some smashing pics in there, thanks for letting us see them.

One concern, I starting to see an affy lot of picture with Big John's feet still on the pegs.....how many are there, I thought there was only one..... :rolleyes:

No -Bigjohn has defiantly got two feet - but i think he doesn't like wearing the footpegs out so he keeps them on the ground. :)

GLAD EVERY ONE IS ENJOYING THE PHOTOS. MY DAD SCANED THEM FROM SLIDES THEN POPPED THEM ON A DISC, WHICH IN TURN HIL SORTED THEM ON TO THE COMP,SENT THROUGH TO GORDON IMRIE , WHO THEN PUT THEM ON FOR MY DAD. ALONG PROCES BUT WELL WORTH IT !! THANKS AGAIN GORDON.

WHILE IM ON ID LIKE TO WISH THE NOR

TH EAST LADS ALL THE BEST AT THE SSDT. ESPECIALLY JOHN CHARLTON,ANDREW BATTENSBY AND LEWIS PEART, AS ITS THERE FIRST ONE. CHEERS MIKE

Yes I'd like to wish them the best of luck. I think Lewis, John and Andrew should be fine, it is their first time but they are capable riders so as long as they keep an eye on the time they should be ok. The rest of the NE mob should keep them right Roger Williams and Paul Nicholson have done 15+ i think

great pics,especially the KTM. i wonder if it would be possible to build a replica of this bike.

i have done a little research and i understand that the base bike ktm used was a 250 GS enduro.

there must be some of these still about,i suppose the biggest problem will be the barrel porting

and the flywheel weight.If anyone has any thoughts on this i would be interested to hear them.

now then,where do i find a 250 GS ???