One Eye On The Weather

staggiedog

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You been reading our manual???? too many ifs and buts, no two models are consistant. Everything we issue has a confidence level attached,

Maybe this is the way you do it............

It was autumn, and the Indians on the remote reservation asked their new Chief if the winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was an Indian Chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets, and when he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what

the weather was going to be.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he replied to his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect wood so they would be prepared for it.

But also being a practical leader, after several days he got an idea.

He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is the coming winter going to be cold?"

"It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold indeed," the Meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the Chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more wood in order to be prepared.

One week later he called the National Weather Service again. "Is it going to be a very cold winter?" he asked.

"Yes," the man at National Weather Service again replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter."

The Chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of wood they could find.

Two weeks later he called the National Weather Service again.

"Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replied. "It looks like it's going to be one of the coldest winters ever."

"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.

The weatherman replied, "The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy :rolleyes::barf:

Maybe this is the way you do it............

It was autumn, and the Indians on the remote reservation asked their new Chief if the winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was an Indian Chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets, and when he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what

the weather was going to be.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he replied to his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect wood so they would be prepared for it.

But also being a practical leader, after several days he got an idea.

He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is the coming winter going to be cold?"

"It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold indeed," the Meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the Chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more wood in order to be prepared.

One week later he called the National Weather Service again. "Is it going to be a very cold winter?" he asked.

"Yes," the man at National Weather Service again replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter."

The Chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of wood they could find.

Two weeks later he called the National Weather Service again.

"Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replied. "It looks like it's going to be one of the coldest winters ever."

"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.

The weatherman replied, "The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy :rolleyes::barf:

Old one that Mark..... one of our standards that...i'm just glad I'm finished for the next two weeks...

Okay, I'm leaving for kinlochleven this morning so my last throw at the dice.......

Friday - Patchy rain and drizzle but improving as the day progresses always a chance of a shower or two but improving. temp 10-12

Saturday -- Friday in reverse starting fine but rain due into that area by early to mid evening so becoming more cloudy as the day goes on, wind increasing overnight into Sunday. Temp Saturday up to 14

Sunday - not great, cloudy & wet, typical Fort William day temperature 11-13 (there is a a minor glimmer of hope, there is a high building over Scandinavia and the north sea, depending on how quickly it builds it could keep the rain and front out to sea.....maybe...)

Monday - Any lingering rain should die out pretty early as the high has gains more influence. Nice day at Lagnaha hopefully. If the sun does get through we could have temperatures up to 15 -17 degrees.

Tuesday similar to Monday

Wednesday & Thursday - Reasonable days always the chance of a few showers though.

Friday & Saturday - Front pushing in from the west as the High declines back to the rain and wind I'm afraid./

typical mixed bag, how many years since it was a real good 'un. Moderatley confident out to Monday but beyond.....that's a crystal ball job, not even the seaweed is helping there.

As always...it'll probably all go horribly wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by Slapshot 3

(there is a a minor glimmer of hope, there is a high building over Scandinavia and the north sea, depending on how quickly it builds it could keep the rain and front out to sea.....maybe...)

Monday - Any lingering rain should die out pretty early as the high has gains more influence. Nice day at Lagnaha

I'm not gloating but.....that high did the trick I'm home (bah humbug) but sunburnt...haven't said that after a Scottish for a few years..... ;)

Sunburnt? ****ing typical ;)

My ever balding pate is redder than the header bars at the top of this page......Monday was superb, down in the burn at Lagnaha, sun shining, warm....nah HOT superb riding...only a cold one would have improved it

My ever balding pate is redder than the header bars at the top of this page......Monday was superb, down in the burn at Lagnaha, sun shining, warm....nah HOT superb riding...only a cold one would have improved it

At least if you didn't get it 100% right it was the weather most wanted.

I expect it was a bit hot for perce though...........