Finally

dabnabit

And I thought the reason IRL and Champcar were merging is because neither were doing very well.

The only interesting racing is that which you spend the time to know and understand.

I went to work at a motorcycle shop a few years, and the owner raced "Late model" oval dirt track cars. Being a road course gran prix snob (and motorcycle snob) I thought I'd go check out what the red necks were up to. WOW! it was very cool. I couldn't believe how tech it was. The suspension and tires are so sophisticated, watching a car dive into a corner at 100 plus, sideways, inches.. and I mean you couldn't put your hand between the nose of the car and the inside wall.

I thought it would be a bunch of morons going around in boring circles, but it was very cool. About as boring as I thought trials would be, before I tried it and watched it.

With regard to the Indy cars that's what I said. Dirt Track is a different kettle of fish. NASCAR lost it roots and is probably the worse for it.

We have The "highlights" of NASCAR, Grand Am and IRL on digital channels in the UK. I've given up on NASCAR despite Franchitti moving across. Although I am waiting to see the Road course's. They are racing at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and Watkins Glen and THAT will be good. Looks like the Mexican race hasn't been shown yet so I'll have to watch that.

IRLis good on The Street and Road courses where the better drivers are able to make a difference. Look at the St. Petersberg Results. Back at the Ovals it's too predictable. It's also becoming too dangerous. Franchitti's "flying lessons" are an example of what happens when Open wheelers tangle on Ovals.

Edited by Telecat

With regard to the Indy cars that's what I said. Dirt Track is a different kettle of fish. NASCAR lost it roots and is probably the worse for it.

We have The "highlights" of NASCAR, Grand Am and IRL on digital channels in the UK. I've given up on NASCAR despite Franchitti moving across. Although I am waiting to see the Road course's. They are racing at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and Watkins Glen and THAT will be good. Looks like the Mexican race hasn't been shown yet so I'll have to watch that.

IRLis good on The Street and Road courses where the better drivers are able to make a difference. Look at the St. Petersberg Results. Back at the Ovals it's too predictable. It's also becoming too dangerous. Franchitti's "flying lessons" are an example of what happens when Open wheelers tangle on Ovals.

I think Nascar is going to use the lottery system to decide future winners :D

They might as well, it will be the generic race car series.

Then it will truly be "Stock Car" racing. They will be using a stock "nascar" car.

I'd rather watch the touring cars on a roadcourse than nascar.

I think Nascar is going to use the lottery system to decide future winners :D

They might as well, it will be the generic race car series.

Then it will truly be "Stock Car" racing. They will be using a stock "nascar" car.

I'd rather watch the touring cars on a roadcourse than nascar.

Damn, Thistle! You better put some stupid number on the back of your truck or they will think you are queer!

Don't ask me what number, I don't keep up with them either!

Oddly enough I forgot to mention, all drivers will have the same number. And the same name .... Ricky Bobby Labonte.

Fans will be told who to root for, and sent to different grandstand sections. The Ricky Bobby JR section, drunk section (the biggest section), black section(they don't care if you're white) and of course the gay section. Section seating will of course be by ........................Lottery, for the first 20 races, then only the people who did well in the first section lotterys will be eligable for the race around the chase. More details to follow.

Cope, I got a # on the back of my truck! 3 and as luck would have it, its a black chevy!

If you don't have at least that, You're queer :D

Edited by paul_thistle

Oddly enough I forgot to mention, all drivers will have the same number. And the same name .... Ricky Bobby Labonte.

Fans will be told who to root for, and sent to different grandstand sections. The Ricky Bobby JR section, drunk section (the biggest section), black section(they don't care if you're white) and of course the gay section. Section seating will of course be by ........................Lottery, for the first 20 races, then only the people who did well in the first section lotterys will be eligable for the race around the chase. More details to follow.

Cope, I got a # on the back of my truck! 3 and as luck would have it, its a black chevy!

If you don't have at least that, You're queer :D

Paul, I was standing in a buddies collector shop today, looking at all these numbers hanging on the wall!!!!!! As I really have no friggin ider what the hell any of them are for, I guess I will have to find one of them pretty rainbow things instead, but I will try to follow up with a shot of the ones I DO have, which include a #1 and #2!!! along with other redneck stuff!

Bad thing is, I don't recall seeing a #43, pity!

Paul, I was standing in a buddies collector shop today, looking at all these numbers hanging on the wall!!!!!! As I really have no friggin ider what the hell any of them are for, I guess I will have to find one of them pretty rainbow things instead, but I will try to follow up with a shot of the ones I DO have, which include a #1 and #2!!! along with other redneck stuff!

Bad thing is, I don't recall seeing a #43, pity!

If you're into rainbows, just get a 24! :D