Carb Shinanigans

thespikeyone

Well then I am looking for some answers on this one because I have no idea whats happened.

As the SSDT is nearly upon us and I am on night shift This week is the perfect time for me to prep my bike. I started off all well and good by stripping the bike down to the bones and giving it a good clean, then I thought it would be a good idea to check out the carb, now I dont know a great deal about carbs so i didn't want to mess with it too much, I took the float bowl off to see if there was any muck in there, it was clean as a whistle, happy days, so I put it back on, I then removed the choke and inspected it, same as before clean. Next step change the throttle cable, easy enough, once complete I fitted the carb, airbox and exhaust to make sure it was all working properly before I moved on to the rest of my prep.

As I had the carb off I gave it a handful of throttle to get some fuel in, then kicked her over to my suprise it started first kick with no choke and was running fine, (well it seems to be but you can never tell fully when it's sat on a stand with no wheels on) just to check everything was in order I pulled the choke out expecting the engine to rev up a bit, BUT, (now here is the thing) as soon as I pulled the choke 10000000th of a mm the bike died as if it flooding.

I have checked and double checked to see if I have missed anything but it is back to the way it was only with a new cable.

Has anyone out there got any clues as to what is going on????????

all suggestions welcome

Cheers

Spike

Spike,Giving it a twist of trottle when bike is not running does nothing to move fuel.I had a sy175 and if the motor was warm pulling choke would kill the motor .Only time choke made bike idle higher is when it was first started from cold.As you say there is not anything else that would cause this.JR