Ducati Fuel Tank

zarkoff

hello there everybody are there any vintage ducati fans out there i am trying to confirm wether this fuel tank is of a ducati i am 75% sure it is as the other parts i got with it are ducati (200cc) but i am not quite sure any help would be appreciated thanks..

100_0574.jpg

100_0573.jpg

Hi,

I sent your photos to a mate of mine who has a ducati desmo 250 road bike, and he replied:

"It is a ducati tank, as is, probably from an earlier 200cc. The hump near the 'nads' isn't quite as steep as on mine and the securing feature on the tank rear is different to the 2 lugs. The shape looks correct, as does the filler cap.

Mine has a flared seam around the front edge.

Having said all of that there is nothing to say mine is geniune ducati, there were probably a lot of pattern parts around in the '70s."

He did then ask if you were looking to sell the tank, as his has corroded badly and he is looking for options to get his bike back on the raod. Send a PM if you want more info on the Ducati, as my mate likes nothing better than taking old bikes apart and putting them into cardboard boxes, or if there are bits for sale he may be able to trade

AMQ