Tlr 200 Fork Seal Replacement.

andy m

I need to change the fork seals on my Tlr 200. Are there any quick ways eg leave the leg in the yokes or do I have to strip the whole fork? New seals have arrived (4 in pack?) I have not looked at it yet, just wondered if any tips out there so as I don't do something I don't need to. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

BD - I think you have to strip them down. I certainly couldn't think of any other way. Beware that they can be a royal pain to get the old ones out. On my 200 it still had the original ones in which had welded themselves to the forkleg. In the end I had to take them to Birketts and it took Kev 2 hrs to get them out, and iIthink that involved soaking them overnight in something (at least, that's what I was charged!). Good luck!

BD - I think you have to strip them down. I certainly couldn't think of any other way. Beware that they can be a royal pain to get the old ones out. On my 200 it still had the original ones in which had welded themselves to the forkleg. In the end I had to take them to Birketts and it took Kev 2 hrs to get them out, and iIthink that involved soaking them overnight in something (at least, that's what I was charged!). Good luck!

Hi, in the long run it is best to strip them down and give a good clean, it is an easy job and shouldn't take too long possibly an hour or so at the most.

Easy job. Take your time and dont rush it. When you put the new seals back in dont hammer on them too hard as you will push the little brass bush down the fork slider thatr they seat on. If you don't have the seal driver then use the old seal to seat on top of the new one you are installing and tap gently but firmly until it seats, then hook out the old seal and job done. Now would be a good time before you replace the old springs to go to a spring makers and take the old springs with you and get an identical pair made up to suit your rough weight. The manual tells you more about the spring rates. It is a job worth doing once properly (like anyother job really)...good luck and dont gouge the sliders with bodgy crew driver work, be patient & persist...its an easy job.

Aye Millers in their wisdom sent 4 and the wrong size as well as wrong brake shoes.. ;) Cheers for that...

Hi dont take this the wrong way but I ordered stuff from them for a Bultaco and it was all wrong, doesnt always pay to get the cheapest. Id rather pay more and get genuine parts off somebody who knows what they are doing.

Edited by majesty320