Rock N' Roll From Yer Old Pal Charlie

charliechitlins

Shameless plug time.

This is where my trials riding energy has been going.

The old Sherco still has a place of honor in the garage and gets ridden a couple times a year, but the cornfields of eastern PA are much more conducive playing music.

Anyway...our first album is out, it's gotten some nice reviews (no bad ones!) and is playing on a few local/indy radio statios and some actual good ol' airwaves.

A few folks at the local NPR affiliate are pushing to get us on a national show called "Live at the World Cafe".

It's even selling pretty well on cdbaby...even a handful of overseas sales.

Maybe we'll be big in Japan!

If anybody is interested, you can hear some samples and even buy a copy here.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/glensideallstars

Y'all be good.

Peace.

Nice Stuff, Charlie!

I like it all , and I really like the mix of different instruments, strings, flute, and orchestration.

"Writing on the Wall"is my favorite track. I like the jazzier songs that leave you more escape routes than the more structured R&B.

Is that you I've seen over on the Gibson forums?

All the best,

Shaun

Shameless plug time.

This is where my trials riding energy has been going.

The old Sherco still has a place of honor in the garage and gets ridden a couple times a year, but the cornfields of eastern PA are much more conducive playing music.

Anyway...our first album is out, it's gotten some nice reviews (no bad ones!) and is playing on a few local/indy radio statios and some actual good ol' airwaves.

A few folks at the local NPR affiliate are pushing to get us on a national show called "Live at the World Cafe".

It's even selling pretty well on cdbaby...even a handful of overseas sales.

Maybe we'll be big in Japan!

If anybody is interested, you can hear some samples and even buy a copy here.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/glensideallstars

Y'all be good.

Peace.

Charlie,

I've been traveling 185 miles round trip per day the last few days to help set up a big two-day Trial we're putting on next weekend to benefit the Scott Carter Foundation (funds research on childhood cancer) and my Glenside Allstars CD had arrived in the mail yesterday so I had a WONDERFUL drive this morning to the Trials ground with some of the best travelin' music I've ever heard!

Jon

Awwww, shucks. :wall:

You guys are swell.

Shaun...that could be me on Gibsontalk.com...pretty boring group, though.

At our album release party, we only did 5 tunes and "Writing" was one of them.

Great tune.

And, JON!!

You actually bought the album!

Whatta guy!

I'm glad you like it.

Our songwriter/bandleader really is brilliant.

Charlie, I love you man, but if i'm driving 185miles, I am headin' to Austin, not Philly! For the Country and Blues, and Eric Johnson type jazz! I am spoiled!

Sorry, I just gave your first bad review, I appologize, Peace, Love, Dove and all that other ****

Edited by copemech

• 2 weeks later...

Don't sweat it Cope.

I don't consider "I wouldn't drive from Texas to Pennsylvania to see you," a bad review!

And...that Eric Johnson cat can barely play...must be missing a finger or two.

If you want to hear some REAL gee-tar playing, you have to buy the Glenside Allstars album! :P

Don't sweat it Cope.

I don't consider "I wouldn't drive from Texas to Pennsylvania to see you," a bad review!

And...that Eric Johnson cat can barely play...must be missing a finger or two.

If you want to hear some REAL gee-tar playing, you have to buy the Glenside Allstars album! :D

Mark's from Texas, so we give him a lot of leeway as to his opinions.......:P

Ampliflower is the album name and Charlie's picture on the inside is worth the price of the CD,

he almost looks like he's smiling................

Jon