Is My Bashplate Bent ?!

thedktor

On a 300 Raga yr 2004.

I took the bashplate off to clean and check things over, and taking the rear bolts off first ie. the ones next to he footpegs, they pinged off and the rear of the bashplate hung down about 2 inches. In other words it doesn't curve with the engine/frame.

I did attempt to bend it but its very tough material! So is it supposed to be shaped like this or should it follow the curve under the engine perfectly? I am guessing that constant bashing has just bent it slightly.

Thanks for any advice.....

Steve

I use my bash plate quite a bit and have the same thing happens to me. You will need to put it in a press and recurve it. Place it up there and eye ball where you need more clearance. A tip is when putting it back on. Put the bolts by the foot pegs on first then put the ones up by the cylinder on last. This way if you have not bent it enough the bolts by the engine will help pull it together. I have seen engine cases broken from people who dont rebend their skid plates. Nothing to be alarmed about but you will need a buddy with a press.

--Biff