Is It Possible......

rev`er

Hi guys,

my dad has only just suggested this to me and i am still considering what i should do :)

I was planning on getting a 2004 Beta next week, but my dad asked me if i would want the 05 model, he then asked me a real wacky question.. he said "how bout you wait until october holidays then ill get a towbar on the car and we will drive across to the factory in Spain and get the bike from there" at first i was liking the idea but now i realised that Beta is made in Italy. but does anyone know if there are any factories in Spain that sell brand new Betas and if it would be cheaper going over in the car to pick it up?

any advise real soon would be great thanks

Cheers guys

Chris

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warranties on trials bikes are worth next to bugger all anyway, although if you did buy a Sherco I know you'll get your value add from Rathmell.

Seen it a few times.

VAT?? Still payable if local tax paid in the EU country - don't think so, but I would check it out.

Bigfoot,

It was my dad who suggested going over to get it. he suggested that we take a tent, stove and clothes in the car. saving on hotel bills and all we nedd to buy is food and drink. The car is brand new so not much wear and tear to worry about and we are taking a bike rack across to save on trailer fees. He was just wondering if it would be cheaper to buy the bike from the factory, he is not really bothered about all the other costs as it would just be like a holiday for us, seeing parts of the world we have never seen before, im not sure if i could stand going in the car for like 4days straight!

Im not sure about it yet i was just asking if anyone could help me buy telling me if it possible to get the bike from the factory?

Thanks guys

Chris

I guess I will make a shot in here.

REV'r,,,

Why not purchase your bike from your local dealer, who you will want to go to when you need a lever, a shifter, a new pair of bars or assistance repairing your bike?

Unless I am misunderstanding you guys, there is probably more than one dealer within an hour of your house?

Then, after taking your new bike, working closely with your dealer to get it properly set up and operating, and a shake out ride or two,

Tour around with your dad and hit a trials or two, maybe some local and maybe venture over to one of those French rounds. Spend that time together sharing something that you enjoy, and heck, maybe he will ride your old bike?

The short version though, is that you need to support those local guys around you if you expect them to support you when you need help.

Best of luck with your decision, however you choose to go, a new bike is always neat!

if i bought a bike from spain and broke a lever , youn saying a shop wouldnt sell me one ? if i was a shop owner i'd look at the money i'd make and swallow my pride.

i bought a bike from spain in 1999, got it delivered and registered all for just over

Original,,

My point is, do not be suprised when there is not a "local shop" to go to, when everyone goes the grey market route.

And do not be amazed when the guy at the local shop is not more than willing to support (and I believe it was asked at one point, "how do you get sponsers") when you do not make the large purchases with him.

If you want the local shops to be around to support you and your riding, there is a tit for tat relationship there.