Tyz

eiger

We are about to acquire a TYZ250, have had one before but rode it standard. I've heard about mods like lowering the footpegs and moving them back an inch can make the bike easier to ride (not that they are particularly hard in the first place) but wondered if their are any other worthwhile mods you trials enthusiasts may know of.

Thanks.

Eiger. :rolleyes:

Chris Johnson here in the US did a whole series of mods to this era machine such as modifying the footpegs, changing the triple tree, pulling in the rake, etc.

It was written to the 85 / 86 TY 350's that were over here in the US, but my belief is that these were basicly the same bike as the TYZ.

I have a copy of these mods, and Chris has said I could send them on to folks if they were interested.

Maybe it is worth the effort to get them scanned to PDF and just get Andy to put them on the Tech pages so they will be preserved for posterity?

Can I send them to someone that has the ability to make them a PDF?

Rode my TYZ absolutly stock from when I got it brand new. Had it six years with zero problems. :rolleyes:

With hinsight I think I would have softened the power slightly. It was one with the expansion box on the exhaust.

Alan - The TYZ was a completely different bike to the TY 250/350 - It took ten years to design and bring into production, by which time it was too wide and too heavy. However it still sold well in the Uk because once they fixed the timing problem, it was very reliable.