Manx 2-day

kinell

Colley 1st, Thorpe 2nd and Kilney 3rd.

Bradford & DMC team of Nathan Wrigglesworth, Anthony Ayrton and Phil Disney came 2nd. IOM team won.

Well done Bradford.

Kath

Edited by bdmc

Who was the Grey haired balding Yorkshireman in a TrialsCentral shirt? (In fact he looked a little bit like Murray Walker :rolleyes: ) I did speak to him briefly but he said he got the shirt for free for doing a job.

Was the only TC shirt I saw all weekend.

I tried to wait for him to nod off on the ferry and nick it off his back, but he must have been on pro-plus or summat.

Edited by Bikespace

It was Adolf, Club Captain of Bradford & District MC.

captain of the 2003 Yorkshire Centre Team Trial. 1st and 2nd. Also 2004 Team Awards SSDT (2off) Ilkley Grand national 3 years running. And would have been Captain of the winning team in the IOM in 2003 and 2004 if he was a tax exile/

post-3-1093888011.jpg

Edited by bdmc

That looks like him. OK - He looks a little less like Murray Walker than I remember but the description worked :rolleyes:

Well done to the Bradford team - hard to topple the locals. I was taking tips (visual) from Phil Disney for most of the two days, then on most occasions failing to reproduce them.

I reckon Phil had a harder time going off early on the Saturday - loads of shale and slippery rocks in the quarries (but I may be biassed as we were first round on the National route most of the day B) ).

Didn't seem to be too much on Sunday that would have got easier (not that I didn't 5 anyway :hyper: )

He may have been better off if he got a number with the rest of the Bradford team?

Brilliant trial anyway - back for it next year definitely.

Glad you enjoyed it Bikespace....even though you did beat me by a couple of places!!!! What did you think of the National course?

I should have a pdf shortly and will get the full results on asap.

A copy will be in the post for all those who rode today as well.

Glad you enjoyed it Bikespace.... What did you think of the National course?

Thought the course was spot on. I was a little apprehensive before getting there that it may have been too much, but nothing dangerous and to be honest couldn't have been better.

My problem was all of our riders being nearly 20 years younger and trying to keep up with them on the moors - I'll probably recover by Thursday or Friday :rolleyes:

The Saturday sections on the beach at Scarlett had me absolutely knackered- good though. A lot of hopping about and I think they were about the 7 hour point so I needed more pies by that stage :hyper: .

Sunday seemed to be just one quality section after another, so I probably can't even pick out favourites.

Don't think I had enough to drink on the Friday - After a few pints on the Saturday I was much fitter on the Sunday B)

Spot on...glad you enjoyed it

That long moor crossing on Sunday afternoon before the Dhoon Quarry is a killer though! Just what you don't need!

My favourite two sections on Sunday were Windy Gulley.....two cleans and Colley one the first....my claim to fame for the weekend!!