Still Waiting For Scorpa Sy250

blockbob

No 2t scorpas = no 2t engines.

Was that a guess???

My mate has been waitiing for one too having spoke to Birketts they are all lined up there waiting for despatch apart from the rear silencer!!!!

Seems they had a bad batch come in and they didn't fit correctly so are waiting on the next batch!

Yep i was told that: loads of bikes wiith no silencers! but apparently the supplier is strapped for cash & cant afford to make em!! but when do i bite the bullet & say sod it & wait for an 09, christ i might be going for a 4 banger yet {against my better judgement!) That sounds ominous about 2t engines though ooer.

Here in the states I was told I got the last SY250R in the the shipping container. Don't know if RYP is getting any more before the 2009's come out or not.

I haven't even seen it yet as I've been TDY out of state, but had my buddy open the top of the crate to make sure it had the 40mm Marzocchi Alloy forks and all the parts. I've read some of the GG's have been showing up with Paiolis when they are supposed to have the Marazocchi's. He says it's sure pretty sitting there in the box. I should get to see it next week!

Makes me wonder what's going to happen over the next couple of years. Can't get Montesa's, and the other manufacturers seem to be having supplier problems. I sure hope this settles down soon!

you can get montesas, no problem in europe.

no supplier difficulties either except gas gas forks.

Thats great news Nigel, but have just been informed a 250 Raga the the Auss importer has been invoiced for will now not be supplied ! :D

Was that a guess???

My mate has been waitiing for one too having spoke to Birketts they are all lined up there waiting for despatch apart from the rear silencer!!!!

Seems they had a bad batch come in and they didn't fit correctly so are waiting on the next batch!

Still waiting myself and thanks for the info.

This is a purely speculation could Scorpa be seeking to sell more 4t's rather than 2t's?.....i don't the ratio of 4t to 2t's sold world wide but there are more 07 2t's in my area than 4t's.....There must be a point when Scorpa (and perhaps other manufacturers) will drop there 2t's and perhaps this is the beginning....i hope not its odd the supply of the Scorpa is delayed i've never heard this before.