Weight Difference - S3 Vs Stock

borus

well, the stock pipe weight is 2 lb's or .9 kg's. so i guess a person would be shedding 1.2 lbs or .5 kg's with a titanium header.

cheers, thanks nigel

edit - the s3 site (didn't realize it existed) claims a 400 g reduction from stock and dissipates heat better, that's if the translation program is working right

Edited by borus

• 2 weeks later...

Tough to tell. I've got Vforce reeds on the bike as well and they change the power considerably more then the pipe does. Curiously enough the Beta Vforce reeds fit the Sherco so I guess it's OK I post here :banana2:

As far as engine characteristics I don't think the pipe makes a significant difference. But the reeds are a great improvement. I won't ride without them now. I'd love to try them on a Sherco as the power seems a little peaky on my friends 06 and I suspect the Vforce would smooth it out like it did the Beta.

EDIT:

I'm getting spacy. I just re-read this and realized I have the Akropovic and not the S3. I was thinking of getting the S3 but got the Akropovic with the new bike. I think I'm getting senile. Oh well, titanium is titanium right?

Edited by Dan Williams

is 1 lb or .4kg really that important to drop on a bike that already only weighs approx. 155 lbs, and used in club level riding.

I think the money is better spent replacing bent bars, broke levers, new tires. etc....

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Williams Posted Today, 08:06 PM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Jul 31 2008, 05:44 AM) *

I think the money is better spent replacing bent bars, broke levers, new tires. etc....

Maybe but your buddies won't go "Oooohhhhh" over a new set of bars.

Maybe not, but I have been known to go "OH S**T" as I go over a new set of bars. :D

Edited by ZIPPY