Sherco 4-stroke

kinell

To answer Ishy's question regarding the fuelling on the Sherco 4T: -

I met one of the Sherco blokes last night who said that the bike will use unleaded petrol without any oil mixed in - the engine lubrication will be done separately.

I can't remember his name now as I have sobered up but I'm sure he is Grimbo's minder and I was told that he used to be a very good rider in his day. Anyone know his name?

Cheers

I can't remember his name now as I have sobered up

Cheers

Nay lad!! I don't know what I'm banner do wi thi. :rolleyes:

I asked you to find out if the bike had two different oil supplies, meaning was the gearbox oil and the bottom end / crank oil seperate.

I can't remember his name now as I have sobered up

Cheers

Nay lad!! I don't know what I'm banner do wi thi. :rolleyes:

I asked you to find out if the bike had two different oil supplies, meaning was the gearbox oil and the bottom end / crank oil seperate.

Oops, the only thing I know about engines is that they either run or they don't - technicalities are not important to mere mortals like me B)

In a vain attempt to salvage some dignity, I emailed Mr. Codina and asked him the 'proper' question :rolleyes: He said there is just the 1 oil supply that lubricates both the bottom end and the gearbox.

Just been reading through the Sherco press pack: -

The ignition is a digital multipolar system that is programmable if the optional "Pocket Programmer" is purchased.

This is plugged into the bike and connected to a computer so that different ignition curves can be downloaded from Sherco's R & D website. It then says that this will help riders to personalise the power on their bike to suit the riding conditions and even the altitude.

Edited by Kinell

What - no points in a magneto then...

That's me stuffed!

By my reckoning you'll already have the order in for 156 of them. (i.e. you plus the 2 boys = 3 x 52 weeks) Can't use them again once they're dirty, can we? :rolleyes:

Might be tempted for a modern four stroke though....

Don't know which one, I think I sit the first dance out and see what the talent is like... boy that takes me back!

Thought you were sold on the wee Scorpa?

This is plugged into the bike and connected to a computer so that different ignition curves can be downloaded from Sherco's R & D website. It then says that this will help riders to personalise the power on their bike to suit the riding conditions and even the altitude.

They should write an app for a laptop. I thought web-enabled fridges were a waste of time but a web-enabled trials bike is a whole new ball game!

They should write an app for a laptop. I thought web-enabled fridges were a waste of time but a web-enabled trials bike is a whole new ball game!

Wireless connection so your minder can control it? ;)

Then I'll be able to blame it on my bike being hacked in to, or a virus intrusion, or just blame the minder :rolleyes: - more options for excuses.

Good stuff!

Very good write-up and introduction for the bike, I can't wait to get mine.

This years SSDT will have two new breeds of fourstroke competing in the

true reliability test, lots of mud, water and mi;es to cover.

You lads in England should have a nice stocking filler for Christmas.