Important Ssdt Info

overthehill

Well, I made it!!! Fifty five miles in five hours twelve minutes, which I'm sure all you lean mean trialling machines will think is atrocious, but those of you who know me will know that's quite an achievement!!

The day started well when we made two new good old-fashioned Glasgae pals whilst unloading the bikes outside Glasgow Green - we weren't bothered by the fact that they were pished before half eight in the morning, had warrants out for their arrest and were carrying their stocks for the day in a carrier bag that was at least two years old....they were a laugh, and that was the main thing!!! Once we finally persuaded them that there was no need to accompany us to Edinburgh, neither of us were keen on being Andys' fourth wife and we really would survive our journey without them, we made our way into the park and that was us away!

We were really lucky with the weather - we didn't have a spot of rain until we were driving home after it was all over, so we timed it perfectly. It was a bit hot at times, but generally it was sunny with a breeze, so grand cycling weather. Some of the hills between Glasgow and Edinburgh have to be seen to be believed - I had no idea Edinburgh was so much higher in altitude than Glasgow, but we got there in the end!!

So that was it in a nutshell - I'm surprisingly fine today, which probably means I won't be able to move tomorrow, but I'll just make the most of it for now!

With over six thousand cyclists yesterday, I think Leukaemia Research will have a fair whack of cash coming their way shortly. Many, many thanks to each and every one of you who sponsored me - I'm well chuffed with our progress, we're now heading towards the

Good job HL. You did it!

Although we have not met, I promise I will send at least a fiver if not a tenner if you will please loose Raga's ass on your avitar!

This donation will be made more toward AIDS prevention I think, yet you can use it however you like. Just put your own "Fat butted girls" avitar up there on the bike! :huh: \

This should put an end to the other problems! :banana2:

Of course , you could be just a 7 or 8, so do what you can, give us your best side! We may actually have to have a few judges for this! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...