No More Montesa Imported To The Us?!?!

biffsgasgas

TheGoat Posted Today, 03:21 PM

You can LEGALLY import a Montesa into the USA from Canada as eluded to in DonD's post.

Well sounds expensive and a bit of a hassle.

Guess you would really WANT one.

So why no direct import to the US from montesa factory?

And how long is this predicted to last?

I am not interested in purchasing a new montesa but it is worrisome when a trials manufacturer stops importing to the US.

I heard last year there was a snag in importing but thought that was supposed to be resolved shortly after hearing that.

So it is still not resolved then or is it strictly a sales thing.........not enough sales to justify bringing into the US?

But if you don't import to US then there will never be any sales..........seems like a Catch 22.

Adrian Lewis could give the best info on the reasons for there being no Montesas available but to my understanding it has to do with Honda USA/government off-road vehicle registration requirements. Ultimately I understand that Honda USA will have to make a decision as to who will import the bikes and the type of dealer network they would like to see. In North America Honda has been setting up "Superstores" where you can buy all of their products at one location (cars, trucks, generators, lawn mowers, motorcycles etc) and they may want to add the Trials motorcycle to the mix or stick with the established dealer network. All complicated I am afraid and not very helpfull to those in the USA that may want to get a Montesa "locally".

Spencer

So am i miss informed or do you want to just insult? I don't get it.... You seem angry. I am Manning up because this was a reply to "Me checking My sources". You need to read the post.

So I am giong to post this question as my question. If I wanted to get a 2009 montesa LEGALLY in the US where would I go? If you are a dealer then I will be sure not to go to you (the observer).

--Biff

So you want a Montesa, I'll get you one say repsol sir thats

Thanks guys. I am not trying to start a fire here I was on the hunt for one and was surprised by this information. If these can be brought in legally then I was mis-informed. Bringing bikes from Canada to the states does not always take place legally.

As for the whole world round thing I just didn't know if one enforcement would lead towards a major problem.

Here in the states they can get pretty strict about things and once they set a precedent they tend to hold on to that.

After this post I am sticking with Gasgas.... less drama.

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

So am i miss informed or do you want to just insult? I don't get it.... You seem angry. I am Manning up because this was a reply to "Me checking My sources". You need to read the post.

So I am giong to post this question as my question. If I wanted to get a 2009 montesa LEGALLY in the US where would I go? If you are a dealer then I will be sure not to go to you (the observer).

--Biff

Good job manning up Biff. No I'm not angry, if fact I am a nice guy, or so Im told. I feel better now. Wanna hug?

Edited by the observer