2000 Sherco 2.9

zippy

I do not see how you could do that Mr. Dabster? I would think just a 6mm stud of the appropriate length, threaded all the way, and put in place with JB weld, Alderite, liquid metal or whatever you care to call it, would be a great fix. It really does not hold much load anyway, then the repeated use would be on the steel threads of the stud, not the soft aluminum.

Thinking about it you could probably also put it in place with low temp silver solder and that would be about rock solid.

Thank you to every one for your great ideas. I think I will try the 1/4x28 bolt first, (it just sounds easier to me) and then probably the thread making stuff. The stud being JB welded in place and then using a nut sounds really good, but I have not had very good luck with JB weld in the past. I think it is probably the way I used it, not necessarily the product.

MMMMM,,,,, and thinking one step further, you could cross pin the stud into place with small roll pin,?????

I would probably go the solder route. I just hope I do not need too!

Good luck Zippy, let us know how it all turns out.

The lower fork legs for mine and my daughters are in the powdercoat shop at the moment becoming yellow.