Trials Paradise In North-west Spain

greeves

Hi all: Recently a small village in Leon province (north-western Spain) called Pobladura de la Regueras, has declared a huge area as a "free trials land" for the next 30 years. And the use of that land is for FREE.

The place is really a trials paradise, mountains, rivers, forests.... where you can ride your trials bike for free. In this site Spanish Champinoships, both modern and classic have a round, and is one of the nicest trials in the calendar.

They have marked a route through the mountains of arround 12 km. and also marked some areas where you can set your sections for practicing.

In todotrial.com there has been a nice report about this place:

http://www.todotrial.com/ttactual/reportaj...a-pobladura.htm

The village is tiny, a good example of the deepest rural Spain and in my opinion a perfect place for a very, very cheap trials hollidays. The only place to lodge in the little village is Laecoposada, a nice place with 9 room, there is also a FREE camping place. Trials bikes are very wellcomed there, and there is even an indoor section ready to be used in the village.

I think this is a new idea about how to "reasonably" use a public land for trials use for everibody, and a good example for so many places and people that doesn

Edited by Greeves

I used to work a bit in Galicia...what a wonderfull place. SO..it that trials place is anywhere near there...which it must be?..I'll certainly give it a go. See old friends,...ride me bike and gorge myself on the FANTASTIC seafood there.....mmmmmm...better start saving!

Hi StuEssenhigh: I have posted about this place just as an example of how things can be done properly so there can be places where to ride trials bikes in public land. I know there are also restrictions in the UK, and maybe the idea can also work there.

Now there are some villages in Madrid province and Castilla Le

I'll definately be there at some point!!..just wait a couple of years till my daughter is old enough to ride and then we'll be there....seafood or no seafood...and I'm sure there's still plenty of cidre there. I remember having some great nights on that in Oviedo..although I think i'm still thinking in the wrong direction. I'll get the map out soon and have a look.

Yep..lets hope they do it in other areas of Spain too, although I think, unfortunately it will be a while, if ever untill something similar happens in UK.