Looking For Pics/vids Of Youth Nats

motofire

My son wants to go to the Youth Nats next year. A while back I made a deal with him that if he could clean a particular turn/rock/log combo in the yard we could go. It was a tough section and it took him some time he finally cleaned it. Now he can do it pretty easy.

I am just concerned that the sections may be too much for him since he is only 4. Does anyone have any of the easiest line so I can compare to what he's currently capable of? TTC has nothing.

Also...whats the camp like that same week?

Motofire,

The line four is usually very basic. Generally not just a ride through, but with obstacles. Like rocks strewn all over and the occasional log(large stick). I have a little video of line 3 a few years ago. I have not been able to transfer it to digital. Watching my son ride line 3 on a sherco 50 makes it look too easy. But in reality there is a lot of compettion and pressure, from competitors, parents and themselves.

The week of training is pretty basic, but unbelivably effective. It is for all ages youth and adult. My son and I have an awesome time every year. If you have to pick one thing to do next year pick the family camp/youth nationals.

Knowing what I do now about the camp, I would drag my son kicking and screaming to the camp even if he couldn't ride at all. By the end of the week he would be riding the wheels off of his bike. There is so much more than motorcycle trials, kids playing together, riding bicycle trials swimming....it really is a good time.