X-bloc Nightmare

godzilla

Blimey, you must be a Pro....how did you do 50+ trials between April and November when theres only been 23 weekends !!!

:unsure::):)

Yes sorry about that it is actually 49 trials over 29 weekends often 2 per weekend & sometimes 3 on bankholidays

Yes sorry about that it is actually 49 trials over 29 weekends often 2 per weekend & sometimes 3 on bankholidays

It's quite easy to do that amount of trials up here in the Yorkshire Centre. A typical weekend could see you doing a Saturday YG, Barnsley, Bradford, Craven or Spen Valley trial at 1 followed by a blast up to do a Wetherby or Ripon Trials at 5:30. Then Any of those clubs plus Centre's will be running on a Sunday Morning!!. Then on Bank Holidays Somebody will be running as well. Makes Practice at weekends a bit redundant.

As for the X-blok's most experienced riders up here run them and yes I know exactly how they are constructed. The whole idea is that the plastic protects the metal. Did you enlarge the mounting holes on the carrier??

The mounting holes in the carrier were already the correct size. Still no word from the the shop i got it from so i doubt i will get a replacement , to be honest i am a little dissapointed. As for the plastic protecting the metal thats not going to happen if its not bonded together. It had no hard knocks it just came apart.

The mounting holes in the carrier were already the correct size. Still no word from the the shop i got it from so i doubt i will get a replacement , to be honest i am a little disappointed. As for the plastic protecting the metal that's not going to happen if its not bonded together. It had no hard knocks it just came apart.

The Guy who makes these is aware of this thread and has said that any "defective" X-blok should be replaced by the retailer. If you are having problems then get in touch with MRS who distribute them in the UK. The "defective" block will then be returned to him for inspection. As he said, and this is also my experience the X-blok does last longer and is much more resilient than the standard Chain tensioner block The design allows the minimum amount of metal used to be protected within the block. If you want to PM me with the retailers name, (don't post it due to forum rules), I'll pass the details to the maker.

• 4 weeks later...