Trial On Eurosport

jagman

Hi!

Have you watched the world rounds on Eurosport(2)? Looks like they should look for a new cameraman! :huh:

Or a new guy to edit the videos together. The coverage is rubbish. Having watched 3 rounds this year:

In Sweden they showed most riders in the easy first section and missed out on the deciding sections 7-13.

In Spain they missed out on the good sections or showed the easy/non-spectacular part of them (apart from Bou in section 14) (OK filming was hard on the first lap...).

Octagon Esedos have lost the contract for the Indoor world championship. This is the best possible news for the sport as they were worse than useless. Hopefully with things changing and the championship being managed directly by the FIM things will improve from now on :huh:

Andy, any clues on whos in the running for the contract?

It will be run by the FIM themselves. I know Eurosport have been in talks about televising live so presume they would supply a film crew.

It will be run by the FIM themselves. I know Eurosport have been in talks about televising live so presume they would supply a film crew.

Do you mean indoor or outdoor or both?

They used to cover some indoor events live in the 90's but outdoor is harder...

Could be nice with 3-4 sections or groups with fixed cameras and a few lads chasing the top men around the track! In my dreams... :huh:

And OK all sort of coverage from the sport is a bonus!

Motors occasionally has some French Trial in the Wheelies magazine.

/TJ

I hope they'll get a new video provider for outdoors aswell, It'd be nice to see the sections that Raga and Bou fail for a change.

The MAV TV coverage on Pulse is soo much better, which is pretty disappointing considering that they

Edited by motodaz

You're absolutely right JYS, but I'd rather find out at the end of program, to feel some suspense and add some interest, even if i have to plug my ears for a couple of months before it airs on tv :huh:

Edited by motodaz

There has been some live indoor trials on Eurosport some years ago but it was only the odd event, may have only been one.

The indoor WTC would work well, live, certainly better than a lot of the sports currently shown on sports channels. It would certainly give a huge boost to the Championship and give it back some prestige, which it certainly lost during the Octagon years.

May even give the ACU an incentive to introduce a British Indoor Championship, otherwise its not going to be much fun watching the same Spanish riders dominating the series.

• 2 weeks later...

The duke dvd of both the indoor and out door 2008 are with the same coverage, but no jack.

The guy doing the commentary is a muppet every thing is a "fiasco" he doesn't even say the right scores when they get time penalties, apalling.Never ridden a trial bike for sure.

What iu can't understand is they sponsored Colley for so long how much better would he be?

Sooo true ;) I think jack's a good commentator, but it makes the trial less interesting when he tells you score at the begining, it must make it really dull for people who are new to the sport/havn't heard the scores before hand.

I've got my fingers crossed for live courage, I just hope Rage doesn't change the cc of his bike before every trial like last year :D