Oil Leaking From Around The "sight" Glass

zoup2nuts

Hello,

I recently purchased an old Fantic 403-300-250cc twin-shock. It runs great, but I noticed fresh oil accumulating on the debris between the skid-plate and the engine case. I took the plate off and cleaned everything and rode it for about 20 minutes and I'm finding a slight drop of oil accumulating around the bottom of the sight glass on the left engine case. There's an o-ring there that I assume the glass fits into and the oil is coming out around that o-ring.

Any ideas on stopping it short of taking off the left cover? I'm assuming there's a gasket between the cover and the engine casing that I wouldn't want to damage as I'm betting its hard to get a replacement.

I was recommended earlier to put Silkleen "light" gear oil in the bottom end, but can't seem to source it in Colorado. Any idea what works well in there and what viscosity would "light" gear oil be?...any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...Bob