Never Mind The Credit Crunch

ham2

Now, if dibs goes on to do wonderful things in the future and maybe even become World Champion - this bike would then be good value for money as an investment I would suggest.

I know what you mean but respectfully in my opinion it can only depreciate, unless i suppose you sell it in 25-30 years time to someone who thinks that matters. Logically it isn't worth more just because it was ridden by a champ to me no matter how much i respect him, its just a used 2nd hand factory bike, very nice, yes but i'd personally feel like a right mug on the basis of that (ok I know it has had money spent on it too & it's not just about who rode it). I know this does'nt link directly with my previous point but I agree with the previous posts comments on the comparative costs of 2T to that of a 4T...IMHO 2T is better in many ways but I wouldn't see the bike as anything more than what it is even if it was ridden by God himself.

Now, if dibs goes on to do wonderful things in the future and maybe even become World Champion - this bike would then be good value for money as an investment I would suggest.

Maybe,But i'd rather buy the bike he win's the world champ with,would'nt that be a much better investment for the future.

Only if you put it in a vacum bag and dont use it, and keep it for 30 years.