Sad News - Another Scot Passes On

02-apr

I have the sad duty to let you know of the passing of Stan Young. Apparently Stan went out on the KTM in to the hills whilst in Italy and did not return. He was found two days later: I don't think the exact circumstances will ever be known though he was found lying some distance from the bike.

Older Scots will recall Stan as a top notch trials rider before moving to enduros whilst younger competitors will probably be unappreciative of Stan

Edited by 2/4

I am really gutted by this news 2/4.

I have probably known Stan since I was a kid and was at the ISDT at Zeltweg when he rode in the SACU team on board a KTM.

He was always 'on the go' and 'on the scrounge' for any freebies that KTM Stocklemayer were handing out!

He was an enthusistic guy definately had the sport at heart and was a club worker as well as being a good all-round competitor.

I was surprised when he emigrated and retired at the same time, in fact he kind of inspired me to retire early myself to be honest. I thought it was a great idea. Last time I spoke to him was in the Hein Gerike shop in Edinburgh before he went abroad.

God speed Stan Young...R.I.P

Big John

Yes, I knew Stan Young as well, an all round good guy, sorry to hear of his passing. On a brighter note, if he died whilst biking off-road, that has to be better than slumped in a chair in an old folks home. Hope you don't mind me putting it that way. My dad died at a trial and I've always thought that at least he went whilst he was enjoying himself.

Edited by Hillary

Have to agree Mike, my Dad slipped away in a hospital a very ill man, it was not pleasant to witness that.

Ian Bell (former Scottish Scrambles champion and a great all-rounder) died while taking part in an enduro out on the motorcycle... for me there was no comparison!

If you gotta go...go happy!

Big John