Montesa 247 Cota Kick Start

bridgwaterjohn

I came accross the same problem on a Montesa Enduro. I thought the motor had seized also but it turned out to be a stripped gear in the gearbox which had lodged itself between the main shaft and one of the gears in the box. Luckily no damage was done. I think the best thing to do is to take the head off, if the barrel does not come off after taking off the four sunken allen screw nuts then you have seized the motor. If it does come off and the motor will still not turn then it is an internal problem and you will have to the take the motor out and split the cases. Let me know if you need any help. I have done about 4 or 5 247's and may be able to put in my 2 bobs worth in.

John

I had another think about your problem. Before you pull the head and barrel off like I advised you earlier, take the engine covers off and see if something has come adrift to stop the engine from turning. If there is a problem there it is most likely to be on the clutch side (left) as there are more bits and pieces that can come off and lodge themselves between the primary gear and the gears on the clutch basket. Anyway, see how you go. I am happy to help if you need any. It may be better if you contact me on my email address, belldane@skymesh.com.au as I get to messages quicker. Manuel