Fantic

davyb

Can anyone give me the measurement of the shock length for a 240 pro, also whats the best shock between the falcon and rockshocks.

Also how can i find out what year my bike is!

Edited by Davyb

:D I just went out and measured the stock shocks off my 240 , They are right about 14 inches long , eye center to center . I use falcons and they are GREAT , but if you can get rockshocks and the valve bits to play with , you can spend all of your free time setting your shocks up to your liking if you've got the knowledge to do so ... As to the year of the bike ... I know mine is a 83 from the origginal bill of sale I got with the bike , as to dating yours , Lee may be able to get you in the ballpark if you get him the chassis # . Although I don't think it maters much , a 240 is a 240 is a 240 ... minimal changes thru it's short production run ... (I think !) I do know they never fixed the few design flaws in the bike . But still i beleive the best out of the box twinshock ever ...

Glenn

Cheers Lee,

Can you help! Can i fit just nylon bushes on the swinging arm rather than using needle rollers, also whats the best combination for spockets as i have a 39 on the back at the moment , both sprockets and chain are us, so going to buy new.

Ive converted the top yoke using my fat bar clamps, with a bit of milling and drilling on the machines at work, the bars are now further over the axis about 10mm. going to have a look at changing the chain tensioner next been told to use a beta tensioner is that correctl.

I wouldnt recommend just plastic bushes. the needle rollers are number 2018. If the shaft is knackered speak to chris at classic trial for a new one. If its inbetweeny get 2 of these to go with the 2 placcy bushes

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=012

If you cant find any in blighty, pm me and I will get you some here and you can paypal me or summit. Dont know about chain tension all mine are std. Bars moved forwards is good.

sprockets are personal choice but I have 11/41 10/39 and 12/43 on my bikes. Get new chain, pref. not cheap one...240 flywheel covers are rarer than weapons on mass destruction in iraq

lee

Edited by Lee Harris