Subaru Quits Wrc

dabber

Or is it just a convenient excuse to get out without losing face as success has eluded them for some time now (just like Honda in F1) Citing costs and the recession as a credible reason for withdrawing is so much better than quitting as losers..??

If both those teams had been at the sharp end of the results maybe they wouldn't have withdrawn.

Trials costs don't even register on the scale in comparison tho WRC or F1 or anything tarmac based for that matter. It could cost them a lot less to get their riders to most WTC rounds based in Europe. In the good old days they all managed without huge transporters, hospitality suites, umbrella girls etc etc. Shockingly, some riders used to travel togther in a van and drive themselves to events....

no i did nt like the new car at first but its grown on me and i think i even prefer it now.

WRC is SO expensive, cars areso removed from production, the body shells alone can stand you at 250k. get back to basics ala the old group 1 or n days and have long days with no servicing and hey it just got cheaper..by a factor of about 10

no i did nt like the new car at first but its grown on me and i think i even prefer it now.

WRC is SO expensive, cars areso removed from production, the body shells alone can stand you at 250k. get back to basics ala the old group 1 or n days and have long days with no servicing and hey it just got cheaper..by a factor of about 10

I agree. I used to follow the RAC, particularly in the group B days. It's all a bit sanitised and the amount of rounds they do now is massive.

A whole new discussion, but the WTC needs to go the same way. Less countries visited, two day events at each one etc etc.

spot on

a two day trial at every round, plus make them all non stop so that more than a dozen people can play.

the old rac rallies where anybody could compete in a lada or mini used to get 250 entries todays sanitary road races in the dirt struggle for 50 and so the fees for each car go up.

the WRC cars must be wholly production derived and be available to the public. sales would rise and costs wpuld plummet..

Or is it just a convenient excuse to get out without losing face as success has eluded them for some time now (just like Honda in F1) Citing costs and the recession as a credible reason for withdrawing is so much better than quitting as losers..??

If both those teams had been at the sharp end of the results maybe they wouldn't have withdrawn.

Trials costs don't even register on the scale in comparison tho WRC or F1 or anything tarmac based for that matter. It could cost them a lot less to get their riders to most WTC rounds based in Europe. In the good old days they all managed without huge transporters, hospitality suites, umbrella girls etc etc. Shockingly, some riders used to travel togther in a van and drive themselves to events....

I agree, but the bottom line no one is shifting cars. I drove by Avonmouth docks a couple of weeks ago and there are hundreds of cars sat there. They will probably be unsold for a while as well. I used to watch rallying on tv but it went the same way as other sports after they start throwing big money at it. Things are going full circle now, it will be interesting to see where it goes and who survives among the manufacturers as even the likes of Ford and G M are in trouble. As for the money they have thrown at F1.... crazy. (and football) :D

Edited by bo drinker

A whole new discussion, but the WTC needs to go the same way. Less countries visited, two day events at each one etc etc.

Agreed.

plus make them all non stop so that more than a dozen people can play.

Disagreed, dump the minders so the organisers can ease off on the severity of the sections.

Edited by TooFastTim

Funny you mention that , as I was speaking with the driver for the Dodge Motorsports rig for the Baja 1000 this week! Seems there is no budget for them next year either!

These are the Rad Big Rigs of trucks! Costs a fortune to run that stuff!

Of course ,possibly this explains why Pastrana's Scooby trailer is just setting next door to my shop? :D

Chrylser have shut down north american factories for a month (to stop the stock pileup), and both Chrysler and GM (Vaxhual/Opel, et al) claim they haven't got enough cash to get very far into 2009. ford isn't much better.....

You see, there is a simple and realistic reality to it all. It seems that many years ago the Japaneese, then the Koreans, next China, started flooding the markets with cars of all types!

Almost too many makes and models to list!

This diluted the manufacturing in the UK, then others followed, even the Germans are now hard pressed! I know noone that can afford them here!

Exporting of jobs and industry and parts has diluted things further!

When will people finally realize that if they do not support their own economy first, they will have little else?

I read this many years go, yet cannot recall the origin. Still holds true!

The wealth of nations is(are) based upon its(their) natural assets. Go figure! Mineral, aggricultural, whatever!

If all our money keeps going east, they will soon be the ones with it all. If you are daft enough to think that just because Honda or Toyota builds an assembly plant in you country for your good, think again! The profits are NOT! :huh:

Disagreed, dump the minders so the organisers can ease off on the severity of the sections.

They tried that last year and it made no difference.

You need minders because of severity and the way it has evolved. A nasty accident is waiting to happen and it will probably be indoors.

Look at Bou's face plant last year, and he is the best, a cm one way and that could have been curtains.