Subaru Quits Wrc

dabber

Don't care what they do in indoors Dabster. My idea is that the riders dictate the severity of the sections without a minder. Sort of temper their ambitions. In theory a good up and coming rider might have a bash at it and not need to pay three blokes to catch him.

I'm sure Mart would appreciate the break (erm, perhaps, in Marts case, that's not the expression to use :huh:).

When will people finally realize that if they do not support their own economy first, they will have little else?

I don't know whether it's true or an urban myth. Regardless it's a good yarn. There was a story a few years ago, during one of the (many) US/Japan trade wars that a group of US farmers decided to buy local, so John Deere it was and sod Kubota. Problem was that the John Deeres were made in Japan and the Kubotas in The US.

But yeah I agree with your statement. Now can I stop buyng MacDonalds?

Edited by TooFastTim

Don't care what they do in indoors Dabster. My idea is that the riders dictate the severity of the sections without a minder. Sort of temper their ambitions. In theory a good up and coming rider might have a bash at it and not need to pay three blokes to catch him.

I'm sure Mart would appreciate the break (erm, perhaps, in Marts case, that's not the expression to use :huh:).

Don't suppose being in NZ would help if you wanted to care about indoors anyway, or outdoors come to that!

It was the FIM's idea that less minders would reduce severity last year but it didn't make much difference, not that I could see. And certainly numbers of minders was much the same, whether they were called that or not.

Really don't see how the severity has alot to do with numbers of minders anyway, except in a given section? If you had no minders it just wouldn't be tough enough.

Young riders rarely have more than one minder anyway. Up and coming riders are in the lower classes. Gubian had a good go at most stuff last round this year.

I don't know whether it's true or an urban myth. Regardless it's a good yarn. There was a story a few years ago, during one of the (many) US/Japan trade wars that a group of US farmers decided to buy local, so John Deere it was and sod Kubota. Problem was that the John Deeres were made in Japan and the Kubotas in The US.

But yeah I agree with your statement. Now can I stop buyng MacDonalds?

Yes, the burgers suck, but you can still get the fries!

:huh:

You see, there is a simple and realistic reality to it all. It seems that many years ago the Japaneese, then the Koreans, next China, started flooding the markets with cars of all types!

Almost too many makes and models to list!

This diluted the manufacturing in the UK, then others followed, even the Germans are now hard pressed! I know noone that can afford them here!

Exporting of jobs and industry and parts has diluted things further!

When will people finally realize that if they do not support their own economy first, they will have little else?

I read this many years go, yet cannot recall the origin. Still holds true!

The wealth of nations is(are) based upon its(their) natural assets. Go figure! Mineral, aggricultural, whatever!

If all our money keeps going east, they will soon be the ones with it all. If you are daft enough to think that just because Honda or Toyota builds an assembly plant in you country for your good, think again! The profits are NOT! :huh:

The trouble with supporting your own manufactures starts when their products are over priced crap. If the quality is there, nationalism / protectionism does'nt come into it. The financial crisis is really going to hurt Scotland, but the car manufacturing problem will have minimal effect (except to car dealers) as this was shafted long ago.

You see, there is a simple and realistic reality to it all.

Sorry Mark but i think economics is far more complex than that..don't look to me for an explanation though. :huh:

The wealth of nations is(are) based upon its(their) natural assets. Go figure! Mineral, aggricultural, whatever!

Oil rich countries like Venezuela and Iraq seem a lot worse off than the UK or US.

And the most shocking part of your statement if I understood the feeling behind it is that you expect the UK to buy only British cars ?...then the UK is really f****d. :banana2:

And the most shocking part of your statement if I understood the feeling behind it is that you expect the UK to buy only British cars ?...then the UK is really f****d. :banana2:

What, you not ordering up a new Rolls Royce?

I think the legacy of the Lucas electrics will live on for a long time! Yet I was surprised to see the Mini Cooper go to BMW! Seems they lost out on that!

We are seeing those Smart Cars here now! What a joke!

Seems they are offering up Triumph motorbikes! Look sweet! :huh:

Yea, but go out for one of them Triumphs and you will be the third most famous in the neighborhood! Right after Jesus and Mary!

They shoud re-do the Spitfire, loverly pos! Always wanted one of them ! The MG B-GT was just too conventional. :banana2:

A budd had an Opel Manta! I could never afford such! :huh:

They shoud re-do the Spitfire, loverly pos! Always wanted one of them !

Nice fun little car the spitfire,i had one when i was 20,every weekend a diffrent girl wanted to drive with me in that car,taking in the sights of the streets of London on a saturday night then take to the open road's with the speedo needle on the ton and then find out theres no brakes coming to the end of the road,the look on the girls face's was priceless..thats when motoring was still fun.

Anyway it's still parked up in my dads garage getting rusty,think its time to get it sorted again.