Week 98 - A Christmas Review

Andy

rapley_header_beta.jpg

This is my last column before Christmas, so now seems as good a time as any to take a brief look back over the past year. But before I do that, can I say thank you to everybody who reads this column; thank you to everybody who posts a comment and thank you to those riders I see at events who pass on their personal views about the words I write and in every case make very satisfying remarks about this column.

Presumably those that don

another good read mike many thanks and keep them coming, its always good to hear your comments, there not always what people want to read or hear but it is needed

have a merry Christmas and a happy new year and don't forget to keep your feet up!!

Mike, don't ever think 1000 hits is a low number of views as like quite a few peeps, I never read the front page article and only read it in the forums so I can comment on it. You will be losing 'hits' like this but people will still be reading your article in numbers.

I for one would like to thank you for your input to the site. I always read your column even if I have no interest in the subject matter. It's nice to still see the English language written properly (you have had a little bit of practice no doubt). I also admire the fact you don't mind being a bit controversial as I find trials folk can be a bit touchy on some subjects ( shall we talk about those P65 eligibility rules again :hyper: )

Anyway, all the very best to you for Xmas and the new year. :huh:

Kind regards

Ian

Seasons Greetings Mike ! - I only saw you once & that was at the 1995 World Round at Hawkstone - I went to one section early to get a good spot to take pics. - And would have got much better ones if a bunch of guys with Press bibs, hadn't stood in front of myself and a lot of other fans inside the tape. - I think you were the one that was knocked over, by one of the "out of control", European riders - I smiled when all the spectators around me cheered. - No hard feelings, as a fellow Photo/journalist, - I know it's important to be in the right place at the right time. Like you, I started a long time ago, and would often like to turn the clock back. - The sport was so much simpler back in 1955. - Keep up the good work, I read your post every week.

From the Land of the Great Snows

Best Wishes for 2009

Outlaw Dave

Hi Mike:

Thank you as well for taking the time/effort to post your trials thoughts each week. I really look forward to reading them. For me being on the other side of the ocean, it's a window into a much more active trials world than we have here and interesting to read about the issues you discuss.

Mike