Ossa Monoshock Mid Seventies

mattylad

I am looking for some photos of the works ossa monoshocks (Cheney frame) which were around in the mid seventies. Does any one have any images that show how the bikes were put together. I would also like to contact any of the riders or Roger Holden.

Thanks for your help.

Try John Hulme at sales@YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.co.uk He has got loads of info and brochures on all types of ossa trials bikes.

Looking at some old Scott programmes he was down to ride an SWM in 1978 & then rode a Suzuki in the following 3 years.

Must have been before the SWM then ? You know how it is when your over 40 - all the years blur into one :)

Thank gawd mines not like that one.

The monoshock is a simple cantilever as was used on the yamaha crossers and DT series, i.e. no linkages.

The best thing about it is the weight 77kg all up less fluids!!! A good 20kg lighter than standard.

Heath, the black 'un was a Bolger and had nowt to do with the factory. If you look at the linkage carefully you'll see that the system was used by Kawasaki in the uni-track system. A long law suit followed with Joe Bolger eventually getting the nod.